Why can I not drop items from my inventory, bug?

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Silly question, but how do I actually drop items from my inventory in New Vegas? I'm sure I *should* be able to.

I got the urge to dig out New Vegas today and play through it again. It was going great until my Early Bird trait wore off and left me overburdened. No problem I thought, I'll just open up my pip boy and discard some useless junk! Only I cant seem to find a way to drop things....

IIRC there should be a drop option in the top right corner of the pipboy where 'Mod M)' and 'Repair R)' are displayed (Or did I dream that?) I'm not sure whether my game is bugged or whether I'm imagining things, its been a long time since I last played, and don't recall having problems during previous playthroughs.

Dan Scott

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

If you're playing on PC, right-clicking on an item while you have your inventory open will drop the item (assuming it's not a quest item).

Nice one

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Perfect! Thank you.

I don't know why, but I had it in my dead that the 'D' key dropped things, in the same way 'R' repairs and 'M' mods.

Penny Courture

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 am

Thats ok, i've played through the fallout games dozens of times and even on new playthroughs i have to "remember" how to drop items lol.

Louise Andrew

Return to Fallout: New Vegas