Fallout RP General Discussion and Wishlist Thread 4

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am

Now, we here at the Beth Forums have seen plenty of RP's live and die, with unique locations and or plots. Perhaps even formats, like Group, Faction, and of course Nation RPs.

What kind of RPs would you like to see and what advice can be given to further establish one as a better RPer, ideas regarding experimental styles to show extra emotion or background.

Do keep this civil, I know some of you can get fired up. If someone suggests a idea, just keep in mind it doesn't have to do anything with you, and this is simply what someone has always wanted to explore in the Fallout setting.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1503287-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist/

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1516890-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist-thread-2/

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1525734-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist-thread-3/

Amy Gibson

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

From the previous thread:

So is this timeline idea for a Nation RP? I thought it was just for RP's in general?

Fanny Rouyé

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:35 pm

It's a General idea, but Nation RPs could definitely fit in.

I think it would be good to start it as a Nation thing, but at this point Faction/Character is probably more practical.

The first step should be deciding on past world events. How did F3, FNV, and Tactics end? Did the DLC events happen? What's going on with the major factions?

Jesus Sanchez

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:57 pm

With regards to Tactics: I think the (which is more 'neutral' than bad) might be solid canon ending.

The Barnaky ending is kind of overdone, and while I enjoy it, the Bad Ending offers a bit more gray morality to the Midwestern Brotherhood. Tolerance is enforced because its expedient, but despite being accepting of mutants and ghouls, the Midwest still maintains an iron grip on the region. Punishing dissent and exacting tributes from settlements in the areas they control.

Hussnein Amin

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 am

Not sure why that link is there, but I agree. So long as the tolerance is akin to post Civil War and not post Civil Rights.

I always kind of liked the idea of the MWBoS advancing to allow SMs, Ghouls, Tribals, and Reavers into their ranks, but not treating them the same. So the non pure blood BoS might be used as grunts or a front line, either under the charge of a Pure Strain Paladin back behind the lines somewhere or following the orders of a ghoul/SM/whatever that's fighting alongside them. BoS could justify it, and the MLA could reasonably rail against it. I could see someone taking either side in a situation like that.

That's why I expressed interest in a Tactics follow up a few times actually. The BoS and MLA both being sort of grey. I had hoped to do it as a faction thing, but whatever this ends up being is a hell of a lot better than nothing.

M!KkI

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Sounds like a Timeline Thread is greenlit. So all we need is a name. I proposed on the previous thread, Rad Resistance, Old World Blues, or Earth Abides as possible names. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Steve Fallon

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Doh. Meant to post the link to the Bad Ending cut scene. :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxXJFGh1qng

As far as I understand it, the enforcement of toleration to mutants and ghouls is because its expedient and they serve a purpose as resources within the Brotherhood's military. The Calculator is running the show, so to it the concepts of "pure blood" is essentially meaningless to it. Its all about value to the Brotherhood.

Cody Banks

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Oh, I thought there was a sort of Neutral Ending where they destroy the Calculator and get a bit more inclusive, but the MLA still exists. I'm good with either of those.

I'll throw up Folly of Man or War Never Changes. I think the title should be thematic, but representative of either the direction of the series or of the RP. Rad Resistant, Earth Abides, and Old World Blues are cool names for individual RPs or Fan Fics but I don't think they'd make good names for a series of RPs. Each kind of implies a very distinct setting
Matthew Barrows

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm

In the neutral ending, they basically just keep going on as they have. They don't start accepting mutants, the calculator is destroyed, and they aren't expansionist. Its a pretty boring ending IMO, since it doesn't really do anything interesting with them. They just sort of become a more powerful version of the Western Brotherhood.

There's also the "Good Ending" which is the robots-humans-mutants-deathclaws hold-hands and sing songs together ending.

Mark Hepworth

Return to Fallout Series Discussion