Fallout Tactics: Laggy and won't scale on screen

Post » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

So, basically on Windows 8.1, Fallout Tactics scaled just fine on my 1920x1080 screen (800x600 resolution).

However, after updating to Windows 10, it refuses to do so no matter what I do. There are black bars/borders on each side of the screen and it's really annoying.

I tried the Hi-Res patch to no avail and already have the newest 1.27 patch as well (GoG version).

If I pick the 1920x1080x32 resolution, the (in)game itself finally expands to the entire screne but main menu, videos, inventory and dialogues are pitifully small and unreadable. The game is also constantly choppy and randomly freezes (even when I disable antialiasing, but then it also looks like [censored]), even though I have a pretty strong laptop capable of playing newer titles.

In NVIDIA settings there are no scaling options whatsoever, because it's handled by my second, integrated Intel HD card. And that one is also missing the option to scale things on my native resolution. (the NVIDIA Optimus system might be a culprit?)

Does anyone know how do I fix this? I would really love to play Tactics! :(

jess hughes

Post » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 pm

This is actually an issue with all of the original Fallout games on Windows 10. And as far as I'm concerned, there has been no mention of any fixes. Shame too, as I had plan on playing some more Tactics myself. :(

Stefanny Cardona

Post » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 am

Well, I kinda managed to get Fallout 1 and 2 to scale on my screen thanks to the FIXT mod (for F1) and Restoration Project (F2). Just ticked the "Scaling 2x" option, and I could play with at least fullscreen 800x600.

However, no such option in Tactics... :( :(

Elisabete Gaspar

Return to Fallout Series Discussion