Fallout RP General Discussion and Wishlist Thread #4

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Now, we here at the Beth Forums have seen plenty of RP's live and die, with unique locations and or plots. Perhaps even formats, like Group, Faction, and of course Nation RPs.
What kind of RPs would you like to see and what advice can be given to further establish one as a better RPer, ideas regarding experimental styles to show extra emotion or background.
Do keep this civil, I know some of you can get fired up. If someone suggests a idea, just keep in mind it doesn't have to do anything with you, and this is simply what someone has always wanted to explore in the Fallout setting.
Thread 1
http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1503287-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist/
Thread 2
http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1516890-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist-thread-2/
Thread 3
http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1525734-fallout-rp-general-discussion-and-wishlist-thread-3/
Last post from previous thread,
himynamesislonewanderer said...
Spoiler
Any RP that anyone comes up with at this point, no matter the type of RP, is going to run into the same problem. There is just not enough people participating in this section of the forums :/ I can say that I would like to see another settlement RP, or someone else can say they want a more nation based RP, but it all comes down to the numbers of people in the end. I lurk more than I post my opinions to be honest haha but I feel like there isn't a problem with the content of the RPs, it is just the interest!
I think we've always kind of had this problem, as people come and go, but the Rp's were more stable back then because even if someone left, there was always more people to keep an RP going. It's just become a lot more serious now because the numbers have seriously dwindled down. I think we just have to do the best we can do with the number we have, and hope more people join. As Vatrou had said, we basically just have to be okay with slower paced RPs at the moment.
I really liked Andro's idea about shorter Rp stories, though. I think that could work :)
Also, in regards to nation Rps, what if there was one that just focused on one nation, faction etc., and everyone was higher up/ranked members, so it would kind of be a nation/faction roleplay, that deals with the inner politics of things within that faction. That way, no one has to worry about more than one character, and they are all sort of interconnected. Like for instance, take the brotherhood of steel (doesn't have to be them, just an example), someone could be an elder, someone could be a head-paladin etc. That kind of inner-struggle within the group to make decisions that betters the faction as a whole. Like in New Vegas, where McNamara doesn't want to open the Brotherhood up, and there is a paladin that does, can't remember his name, but yeah, struggles like that :P It would obviously depend on where the RP is set, but it would give that kind of nation/political aspect, and would allow for a lot of personal character development as well.
Just a thought, I don't know if anyone has suggested that before, but it could involve more people who don't want just settlement Rps or just nation Rps. Hell, it could even be set in a vault or something I don't know haha. I haven't seen a vault roleplay on here in quite a while!

Emily Graham

Return to Fallout Series Discussion