Any playthrough challenges?

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm

I really need some playthrough challenges for Fallout 3 as I have finished my first playthrough.
Currently, I am doing a 10/100 neutral playthrough and will be aiming for negative karma afterwards as they are the last two sets of achievements I need.
These are my planned runs;
- Kill Everything.
- Perma Death / No Healing.
- Very hard, no HUD, no music, no use of towns or NPC traders.
- No use of a storage.
- Pacificst Run.
- No selling.
- Can only use apparel and weapons found on a specific group, so to speak, such as raiders, enclave etc.
- Can only use a specific set of weapons such as Rifles, Pistols etc.

Anyone got any other good ones?
Justin

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:12 am

I've played several games without the use of Stimpacks. I have the location of nearly every unowned bed in the Capital Wasteland memorized now. :)

I almost always limit my characters to specific weapon types. Sometimes they only use one weapon. One of my characters went through her whole game using only the Combat Knife. I also usually restrict them to only certain armor types. Most of my characters tend to stay in Raider gear. A few of my characters wear clothing only.

I never use map-based fast travel.

One of my characters did not interact with any NPC. This was actually a p[pretty fun and challenging game. She started out as one of Dukov's girls. After escaping from Dukov's Place she spent the rest of the game wandering downtown D.C. in the sixy Sleepwear. She could only heal herself through cannibalism (I gave her this perk at the start, via the console). She had to stay in the DC districts. She quickly went feral and viewed other people with too much suspicion to talk to them.

I've played a couple of games where I could only be outside during the daytime. This was helped by using a mod that made night absolutely pitch black. This introduced a bit of strategy, continually having to decide if I had enough time to accomplish a goal before night fell. And I need to keep track of how far it was to the nearest shelter where I would be safe for the night, too.

These are a few of the interesting restrictive challenges I've placed on my games from time to time. :)

Alyna

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Wow, they all seem pretty challenging! Fallout 3 is a game I love to play even if I have already played it heaps of times as everything seems to change with every playthrough.
Melanie

Return to Fallout 3