Steam Overlay Problem.

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello chaps and chapettes, I recently tried my hand at modding Fallout 3, it looked magnificent. Problem is steam overlay didn't work, and even when it did, it clashed with the ENB. Needless to say, I uninstalled Fallout 3 and all the mods. Problem is, Vanilla Fallout 3 is not working with the Steam Overlay, I can't take screenshots nor does it track my gametime. Any help is much cherished! (And yes, the overlay is activated under Fallout 3 properties).?

Lori Joe

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:16 pm

If you use FOSE (script extender) it disables the Steam Overlay for the game. A number of the best mods for the game use FOSE. I can imagine ENBs would do the same thing with the overlay in some installs.

So, if you want to extensively mod FO3 on a Steam Install, you have to give up the overlay.

Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 am

I see, but I've uninstalled FOSE and the mods and even Fallout 3 and I still have this problem.

Khamaji Taylor

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:01 pm

So your saying the Steam Overlay does not work now with anything? Or with a reinstalled FO3?

Note, where are your games folder for Steam? Is it in some version of Program Files? Program Files (X86)? If so, you want to install the game away from a UAC directory. Create a folder called C:\Games and make that a Steam Library. When installing the game, choose that library to put it in. Steam has instructions on how to do this.

As for your issue, some ENBs make massive changes to the INI files, and those files are not replaced on reinstalls. Delete the INI's in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3 and let the game create new ones.

Lyndsey Bird

Return to Fallout 3