Fallout Tactics Canonocity

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:30 am

Pete Hines has affirmed 200 years. I seriously [censored] doubt they built an airship at the end of Broken Steel, in 2 months, when they were focused on repairing Iron Giant 2.0 - but I won't put it past Bethesda.

Keeping in mind that they retconned all but the main story pieces of the MWBoS. Was the MWBoS power armor exempt from this purge?
*Edit: Apparently, the entire page regarding their APA is considered inconsistent and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_power_armor_(Fallout_Tactics).
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:58 am

Fallout Tactics: The redheaded stepchild of the family.

Usually winds up next to Uncle Van Buren, that guy most people say they like, but never comes around anymore.

Manuel rivera

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Actually they didn't, they have said high level events are canon, but never described what that meant.

If you look at the page a little closer, it says some entails MIGHT contradict canon, not that they do for sure.

Sian Ennis

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:03 am

Eh the same goes for New Vegas. With the branching outcomes, some things are gonna be chosen as canon, while others are not-- regardless, there'll be many many disagreements--

kitten maciver

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 am

Sad but true, tactics was a underrated game (and as much as Fallout fans might shake there fist at it, design wise I find the games PA to be the best of the franchise)
Fluffer

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm

I hope the iconic MW BoS power armor will finally be available in a game where my character can use it.

As to the argument the power armor didn fit the Fallout setting, the helmet of the Enclave alien look armor didn't look like anything out of the 50s or 60s. Look at some of the sci-fi illustrations on paperbacks sci-fi digests like anolog, Fantasy and Science fiction, etc. and a lot of illustrations were not clunky.

The MW BoS if I remember right as isolated when their expeditionary flotilla was scattered by a storm over the Rockies, and damaged airships had to set down where they could. Equipped with machine tools and maybe bots to repair, restore and research salvageable technology, the new designs didn't have to look like 'we are in a desperate struggle with a near equal enemy and need as many of these mass produced as quickly and cheaply as possible, while competing with corporate rivals.'

They were looking for next generation improvements.

Is anybody doubtful their creative minds could have, should have innovated different gear over time, once free of the no saying and preferences of the elders left behind?

Horror- Puppe

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:09 am

I favor Fallout Tactics over everything that has followed in Fallout so far, because the priority in Tactics seemed to be restoring civilization to the best of their abilities as fast as possible. I played choosing to be the organic brain for the calculator in hopes it gave me the option to take over the bots and use them with the BoS to get the job done.

Seems that idea was toyed with in FO 3 at the Enclave and FO NV with Mr. House and "Yes man"?. So maybe there was/is a market for that option. but limits for what a game can do with the tech of it's release, and limited resources for each option.

I am hoping FO 4 allows you to wander off in the end a tinker with your dog and maybe in a vertibrid with a caravan of up graded bots that can carry extra gear, loot and salvage, and have the ability to use what ever we salvage to help repair and fabricate parts for most machinery, weapons, machine tools, etc., where ever you travel and find people you can help.

CHangohh BOyy

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:14 am

You seem to have some spare time, please come mow my lawn.

Ice Fire

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Well, there's canon and head canon.

If Bethesda spell out lore in Fallout 4, then that's canon.

If you wish to maintain a differing head canon, that's your prerogative.

Rudi Carter

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:07 am

Have you heard of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel? Ya..FO:T and VB have nothing on that pile of poo. I still bought, played and beat it because it was a FO game. It's basically the Highlander 2 of the FO universe.

EDIT: Fallout Tactics was one hell of a game. Just laying it out there. One of my favorites.

Rachel Hall

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion