Install Fallout 3 without DVD drive

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:43 pm

Hello there,

I have a "Fallout 3 PC DVD Games for Windows LIVE" but my new desktop PC doesnt have any dvd drive, but my old laptop does have one. So I made an image of the DVD and copied it over to my desktop pc. Installation works fine, I was also able to install the 1.7 Patch from your homepage. However the game itself doesnt start. Some issue with SecuROM it says.

Is there a way to install and play Fallout 3 on my desktop PC without any dvd drive? Also tangled up with "Microsoft Game for Windows LIVE Client", but it I dont really know what to do with it, it feels like arguing with a lawyer to me.

Is the mentioned client able to help me? Like inserting CD-Key and it downloads the game for me?

Please help me, i want to play Fallout 3 on my desktop pc

Spaceman

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am

Buy an external optical drive or repurchase the game via Steam.

I strongly recommend that you buy the game on Steam. Many games are linked with the service anyway (e.g. Fallout: NV, Skyrim) and disc-based DRM is becoming an issue on Windows 10.

With Steam you can install the game on any computer you own, as long as the Steam client is loaded and you log in, into your Steam account.

Nicholas C

Return to Fallout 3