Failed to Initialize Renderer and Crashing

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:17 am

ASUS GL551JW-DS71

4th Gen Intel Core i7

NVIDIA GeForce TM GTX 960M

Windows 10 64-bit

About a week ago I bought Fallout 3 off steam, started off great but after a couple of hours the game kept crashing consistently between 10-15 minutes of starting a new session.

Tried to resolve the issues a lot of different ways, editing the .ini file to limit the number of cores being used didn't fix it, tried downloading the d3d9.dll file but that made the game not work all together.

So I then decided to see if New Vegas would work, bought it a while ago off steam to just had to install it on my laptop. This laptop is brand new by the way.

Now NV just won't work, every time I click play on the start screen it says "failed to initialize renderer." I read online that it had something to do with the display settings. Fallout 3 worked on Ultra so I assume

NV will however I tried everything, different resolutions, windowed mode but nothing seems to work. As you can probably tell I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to PC's (I'm a console gamer) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Miguel

Post » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:01 am

Does it JUST say fail to initialize renderer? Is there more to the error message?

THe launcher pops up correct? In the options menu, the 960M is selected?

LijLuva

Return to Fallout: New Vegas