Unity: The Silent Dawn IC Thread

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:43 pm

The Master- The Cathedral Undercroft

The Master's chamber was dimly lit, with the only noticeable light source being a large vat of FEV placed before him. All around, the walls of the vault were covered with human flesh, "growths" of the Master, and blood dipped sickeningly. A group of Nightkin surrounded the Master's 'throne', a large overseer chair which he had long ago assimilated.

Before the Master, a shivering and shocked man sat knelling, his hands bound behind him with rope. He wore a tattered blue jumpsuit, with a faded yellow "3" plastered on the back,

"It has come to the final moments at last human," The Master said, his voice alternating eerily between various composite voices, "It is time for you to talk, talk!"

The shocked man looked up around him, his eyes darted between The Master's inhuman visage, and the abominable surroundings,

"I don't know....I don't know! I'm telling you I don't know where the Vault is. I'm not even from the Vault. I got this old jumpsuit from a trader. I swear I don't know anything about a Vault! Please!"

"And the name of this trader? Where did he...acquire...the suit?"

The man stumbled, as if trying to desperately remember, "Uh...uh...Reno, I think. He said something about meeting a guy in Nevada. That's all I know. I just picked up the suit because I liked its color. I swear that's all I know!"

"Perhaps you are telling the truth, truth! And perhaps you lie LIE!" The Master replied, "We will know soon enough."

A pair of Nightkin swiftly grabbed the man and tied his bounds to a length of chain, which was attached to a small crane on the ceiling. As the man struggled and begged, the crane was reeled in and the man lifted up and over the bubbling green vat. The Master had given orders to have part of his FEV supply transferred to The Cathedral, so he could personally oversee some of the dipping and experimentation,

"There is no need for fear," The Master continued, "Soon you will join The Unity, and become part of the glorious master race. An end to disease and the pains of this world. Like so many before you, and so many to come."

"No, nooooo!"

With this final feeble act of protest the crane released, and the man began his short plummet, landing in the engulfing vat with a hard splash. Then the screams started, as the painful mutation process began. The transformation process was not easy, and some did not even survive it. The man in the vat thrashed as his body began to change.

"Send for Brother Morpheus," The Master ordered, over the screams of the man, "I wish to speak with him, HIM!"

ZANEY82

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:31 am

Control Station ENCLAVE - Congressional Chamber

President Richardson sat in the Speaker's Chair, for the moment not taking notice of the press of people around him in the packed Congressional chamber....all Thirty-Nine members of Congress, the Vice President, Cabinet members, senior officers of the Combined forces, other important Citizens, and the technicians filming this historic occasion as well as televising it to the rest of the Citizens throughout the Oil Rig they called home...as his attention was focused on the leather folder that the Speaker had just placed before him. Reverently, he opened the folder and quickly read the document inside. It was short and to the point.

JOINT RESOLUTION
198th Congress
Second Session

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces to re-establish the lawful authority of the Federal Government throughout the Territory of the United States

Wheras, in 2066, the People's Republic of China launched an unprovoked War of aggression against these United States, with intent of seizing parts of the sovereign territory of the United States in order to enrich themselves at our expense, forcing the 134th Congress to declare War on said People's Republic of China to preserve it's territorial integrity;

Whereas, in 2074, the United States Armed Forces began operations against the Chinese homeland itself, not only for the national interest but to also liberate the long suffering Chinese people from the cruel and tryannical Communist Regime that had plagued them for over one hundred years;

Whereas, in 2077, with Alaska Liberated and elements of the United States Eighth Army besieging Peking, the Chinese Capital, the Communist Regime in a desperate and ultimately futile effort to preserve itself, did initiate a Atomic exchange against the United States;

Wheras, in accordance with long established Continuity of Government protocols, elements of the Federal Government were evacuated to emergency facilities so that it could continue to perform it's Constitutionally mandated duties;

Whereas, the devastation caused by the Atomic exchange was so severe that the Federal Government was forced to retreat into it's Continuity of Government shelters merely to survive;

Whereas, in the one hundred and nine years since the Great War, the Republic has dissolved into anarchy;

Whereas, with the late destruction of the governments of the Commonwealths of the United States, the Federal Government is the last and only lawful authority existing in these United States;

Whereas, it is the duty of the Federal Government to guarantee a Republican form of government to each Commonwealth, as well as to enforce the laws passed by Congress:

Therefore, let it be Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

That a de facto State of Insurrection against the Federal government currently exists; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire Armed Forces of the United States, and the resources of the Government, to re-establish the lawful authority of the Federal government throughout the United States and it's Territories; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

The document had already been signed by the Speaker of the House and the Senate President Pro Tempore; all that remained for it to become Law was his own signature. Nearly forty years....the majority of his life....had been devoted to a single goal....and after all those years of tireless work that moment had finally arrived. All that remained now was to sign.

"And so it begins", Richardson whispered to himself as he picked up the first of a group of pens and carefully began to sign his name to the document. Once he had finished, and put down the final pen...they would be given to supporters or preserved for posterity later...the room erupted into thunderous applause. History was being made, and everyone knew it. Richardson turned to face the Speaker, who was standing next to him with a stopwatch in his hand....to capture the exact moment when the Resolution became Law, and spoke.

"Mr Speaker", the President said formally, "May I have permission to address this House?"

"We would be honored, Mr President", the Speaker replied. He then leaned over and spoke into the microphone. "Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States!"

Richardson stood up and looked gravely around the room.

"My fellow Americans", Richardson began, "For one hundred and nine years, we have struggled, and sacrified, to keep the light of America shining in the darkness the Communists plunged the world into by unleashing Atomic devastation. That we have done, together, but more is required of us. The time has come for us, at last, to perform the mission that was given to our forefathers so many years ago, the mission they handed down through the generations to us, the mission that we have been preparing night and day for these last twenty-two years....the mission to restore America to it's former glory. Like the Phoenix of myth, our Republic will arise from it's own ashes, glorious and new...because we are a Great People, and it is our will that it happen!"

At that, the room broke out into applause again. Richardson waited for it to die out before continuing.

"Make no mistake", Richardson continued, "Ahead of us is a long and hard road...but Greatness is never short, nor is it easy. America became great because it never shied from a challenge, from standing up...twice...to British Tyranny, to taming a continent, to saving the weak and degenerate Europeans from themselves over and over again. Once more we have been challenged, and twenty-two years ago you rose to that challenge by giving me the honor and privilege of being your President. With the passage of this Resolution, the Crusade to re-establish the rightful authority of the Federal government begins. This goal is not likely to be achieved in many of our lifetimes...but that is irrelevant. Posterity will thank us, and we can leave this world knowing that we were worthy of our mighty ancestors."

"In conclusion", Richardson said, "This very evening, the first phase begins. An advance party, equipped with the new Mk II suits, will depart the Station to set up the first of many bases on the Mainland. They will be leaving at 2100 hours sharp...all but critical duty personnel are encouraged to go see our boys and girls off. If your shift supervisors have anything to say about it...they can take it up with me. America Prevails!"

"America Prevails!", came the thunderous reply, followed by stormy applause. After a bit, the speaker gaveled the room to order, and the spectators began to file out....a few looked pensive, but most appeared to look forward to the struggle to come.

Iain Lamb

Post » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am

John Roosvelt - Shack

John was sitting on a chair next to his workbench.

He was repairing some old Mr.Gutsy model that he found a couple of days ago in an abandonend building near San-Fransisco.

His shack was a comfortable and small place, with all sorts of junk lying on the ground and a fridge next to his bed.

"Just need a couple more electronic wires and you'il be ready to go."- John talked to the robot.

'Knock Knock' - Somebody knocked at the door.

" I'm comming !"- John shouted.

He stood up from his chair, took of his workglasses and walked towards the door.

While he was walking through the room he had a quick look at the clock that was hanging above his bed.

It was late in the night, John asked himself the question of who this might be.

'Knock Knock Knock'

"I'l open the door just wait a sec."

John grabbed the shack's keys out of his pocket and inserted them into the hole.

The wooden door opened .

'Badash !'

A heel from an assault rifle landed on John's face.

John's vision became blury as he felt to the ground.

Before he lost his consciousness, John saw a group of men armed with assault rifles walk into his home.

Then everything turned black...

Annika Marziniak

Return to Fallout Series Discussion