Fallout 4 Speculation, Ideas and Suggestions #254

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:48 am

lol look at all them bugs. Well, like I said, my game is good so far. I agree they tend to release buggy games, thought I said that somehwere.

Isaac Saetern

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:40 am

Funny that has always a history (rumors) of bad relationship between ZeniMax and Obsidian because that bonus not paid, but I think PoE would be the biggest reason for the guys do not commit themselves to a new Fallout.

They finally managed to topple an IP with public and critical success, and I think their efforts now go all to this new IP.

Solène We

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Which is made even more funny by the fact both Bethesda and Obsidian have said they continue to talk to each other all the time, and want to work together again.

Feargus Urquhart said that Bethesda, like a lot of publishers, were waiting to see how the new console generation panned out, and what the new "normal" would be. Which is the main reason why they haven't done something together again yet.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/12/and-heres-obsidians-idea-for-fallout-new-vegas-2/

“We talk to Bethesda all the time,” he said. “And I think the challenge here doesn’t just apply to Bethesda specifically, but to a lot of publishers in general. But basically, what does all the [current] console crap mean? The challenge in this period of time has been, you have this console transition, and it’s strange that they’re still not announced. But that always creates a disruption in the industry. And now you mix in [the emergence of] mobile and F2P stuff, and it’s left a lot of people reeling.”

“So that’s a lot of the conversation we’ve had with publishers. ‘OK, how do we get back to normal – whatever normal is going to be.’ That’s just the process right now.”

Meanwhile, I also managed to pull Bethesda’s Todd Howard aside and get his two cents, which basically amounted to a reiteration of Urquhart’s sentiment. Nothing’s set in stone, but New Vegas was great, and having another go at it certainly makes an awful lot of sense.

Red Bevinz

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 pm

You pulled Todd Howard aside?

helliehexx

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:39 am

Post limit
Ann Church

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion