The New York Wasteland Mapping help?

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:38 am

As a huge fan of the Fallout Universe, ive always wanted to see what every location looks like after war, or even before. We only get to see, DC, Las Vegas, Southern California, small part of Alaska, small part of Pittsburgh, Point lookout state park, Zion National park, and Death Valley.

Not a lot of different areas, but my goal is to design maps of a bunch of different locations as accurate as possible. Living in upstate New York, i wanted to start designing Albany, and Saratoga,
But a problem is, Theres almost no information on the upstate New York wasteland. If someone could talk to me about that area in the Fallout universe, that would be great!
Stacy Hope

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:04 pm

So Fan Lore or general piqued interest... sadly the developers only focus on related areas for the game during development. Maybe try Fan Art sites like Deviant Art with the search of Fallout Ruins... or ruins

I like watching the Life after People series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_Peoplewhich is very good and other informative programs like Fort Knox Secrets Revealed which had theoretical defenses mentioned.

For starters lets look at the aforementioned locations and take note that not all places are desolate barren wasteland of detritus, mutated critters, and raiders.

New York would probably resemble the main DC and Pitt environs of crumbling buildings, derelict vehicles, and etcetera with access to the sewers and subways. These access points are similar to what we see in Fallout 3 and New Vegas with some being either partially or completely flooded by radioactive water and roaming bands of nastiness be they raiders, ghouls or creature. We see plenty of two story brownstone homes in FO 3

Outlying locations would resemble the city being abandoned and falling into disrepair or partially inhabited by a small group of survivors, Canterbury Commons, similarly seen in the Ultimate Warrior film. They would also be like many of the homes and residencies seen in FO 3 and New Vegas where some would be completely destroyed with a safe or cabinet remaining, barred up and others open with scavenge-able goods inside.

Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 pm

I honesty think Bethesda will leave NY alone because if they do a Fallout Online, this is the location they will choose as it's setting...just my opinion.

Brooks Hardison

Return to Fallout Series Discussion