Chaos in Zion

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 am

Just finished up taking my legion supporter courier through Zion. The courier is energy and melee based with light armor and sneak, sort of a techno-ninja based tribal frumentari on VH hardcoe settings.

I enter Zion with my katana, chainsaw, laser rifle, sprtel-wood gatling laser and MF hyperbreeder alpha. The ambush starts and I return fire with the MF hyperbreeder alpha, since they do not have much if any DT, the white legs get cut down. I cross the bridge and come under fire, with the full auto hyperbreeder I fire a burst just as someone else attacks the white leg from behind. This new person takes a few to the chest and charges. I turn him to ash and fail every quest, it was follows chalk :). As I intended on killing Joshua for Caesar anyway I decided to play it out. This made for a totally different experience than the normal Zion run.

At this point everything is now hostile, I made sure my quest selection was for something back at the Mojave so as not to point out where the map was. I then sneaked around trying to fend off the wildlife, hostile tribals and find a way out of the canyons with no shops or resupply available beyond what I could scavenge. I was able to make good use out of looted tomahawks and poisons for stealthy sneak kills. Joshua went down with a tremble coated tomahawk in his head followed by a DT ignoring chainsaw.

Without the quest marker I'd follow each stream until it ended in a box canyon, enter each cave to see if it led out of the Zion, all the while being hunted by tribals speaking strange languages. Without ED-E's enhanced sensors enemies could get very close so the best action was to stay hidden with tunnel runner to keep the speed tolerable. Giant Green geckos would two shot me as would giant cazadores. I had to be constantly aware and cautious. Using the MF hyperbreeder to conserve precious ammo, the laser rifle for stealth sniping and the gatling laser for giant geckos and cazadores who could both live through a full clip of the hyperbreeder and get me before it recharged.

Had a great time laying waste to all the tribes and finally finding the map to leave.

I'd strongly suggest trying a Chaos in Zion run just for the different experience, especially for a pro-legion courier.

sas

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah, very easy to kill FC. He ambushes a guy ambushing me so I kill him by mistake, fail everything. Good times :-/

Carlos Vazquez

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:14 pm

sounds interesting but doubt I'll ever play that way through Zion. I have a habit of killing legion soldiers.

Anyway I must have restarted the DLC about 3-4 times before I realized I wasn't suppose to kill Follows-Chalk.

I was starting to get pissed off too, failing so many quests the second I stepped into Zion.

Riky Carrasco

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:18 pm

I sort of accidentally did that my first playthrough (which wasn't entirely out of character, was a pretty chaotic character pursuing the Wild Card path). I did the first few quests up through collecting all the crap to bring to Daniel. I picked the dialogue choices with him that basically boiled down to, "Come on, I went on your stupid scavenger hunt, I'm not doing it again, now gimme the damn map." Pushed him enough that he got hostile and I had to kill him. Was definitely an interesting alternative lol.

Sarah Unwin

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:11 pm

i tried killing Follows-Chalk but the game wouldn't let until his scripted speech was done. he join me then i killed but the game didn't go into the choas mood.

i would prefer just looking for the map instead of being forced to kill the friendly tribals. it is possible to set the chaos mood by not killing either of the two leaders. the ending was kinda weird. with the courier intervention, the tide changed but not really.

Matt Gammond

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:09 am

I hate the legion. I have a nasty habit of killing them and I don't have a pleasant thought about them.

Remember Lonesome Road towards the end? You get the option of pointing Nukes in locations of certain groups, being NCR or Legion?

Well. Lets just say I sent the Nukes right on over to the Legion.

I really hate the Legion. I just do. I think the NCR was justified in fighting them. If the Legion would have killed a lot of innocent people over their own beliefs and ways of life. At least Mr. House and the NCR didn't do stupid things as making innocent people draw on a lottery over their life before resorting to things such as murder.

Even killing the Brotherhood of Steel was an excellent strategy by Mr.House because their little war with the NCR was a distraction when he needed the NCR's full attention in defending the dam.

If you ask me, the Legion was on some sort of crusade for their Caesar. I think they are just a petty excuse of slaves, raiders and bandits who acted like rabid dogs in need of being put down.

Even the Courier had the choice of option of saying the legion had it coming if you want to keep ED-E when redirecting the Nukes at a few of the Caesar's Legion camps. I felt it was well justified. But this is all my humble opinion. A good legion is a dead legion. No more, no less.

Tracy Byworth

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Sounds like you turned HH into a Lonesome Road with nicer weather...

My Legion character played nice in HH, until she had a clear shot at Joshua Graham. Then she found the map and walked back to the Mojave.

Surprisingly enough, not all of the tribals turned hostile. Really not too many fights on the way back, she avoided trouble when she could.

Spaceman

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:54 am

I could see a Legion supporter not start the quest, especially if they follow the "survival of the fittest" mentality. The thought process could be that the White Legs are weak and do not deserve to be in the legion, so the player wipes them out so they do not weaken the might of the bull.

SaVino GοΜ

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:52 am

Once I shot follows chalk in the burst of automatic fire that killed the white leg, everyone in the valley was hostile. On top of that they all speak some other language so you could not communicate if you wanted to. Everything hostile was engaged and killed while searching for a way out, enemy white legs showed the same red threat on the HUD as the sorrows.

The key was to make sure the HUD compass quest marker was selecting a quest back in Mojave so as to not give any hints as to where the exit map was. You then just systematically follow each stream back to its source, explore every box canyon and cave looking for a way out. Meanwhile strange creatures and hostile tribals speaking some weird language try to stop you.

It made more sense than looking for special lunch boxes and compasses when you have pip boys :)

Greg Cavaliere

Return to Fallout: New Vegas