Black screen in certain areas of the game

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:50 pm

This issue started when I have discovered Nellis Air Force Base. I randomly get this issue usually at the farthest sides of the map (like the Abandoned BoS Bunker, Vault 22, one of Cass' caravans at the northern part). It does not crash my game because I can still hear my character's footsteps, the radio and I can still use the VATS. Every time I get this, I load a saved game and try to get to the area but still does not fix the issue. I also tried to load the game through a new game but it does not work also. Restarting the computer or the game does not work also. Can this be resolved? And if so, will it not delete my saved games or require reinstallation? I hope there is a solution to this bug.

PC Specs, just in case:

Motherboard: Gigabyte (I forgot the specific model)

RAM: 4gb

Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 250 2gb (Sapphire)

Processor: AMD A8 7600 Quad Core

Hard drive: 1TB

Default Resolution is 1920x1080

koumba

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 am

SO the screen just goes black? Can you remedy it? Like can you backpedal to where the screen comes on again?

DOes your monitor lose the signal? I mean does the power light change color likes it is going to sleep?

DO you use any mods? ENB series?

Luna Lovegood

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 am

First off welcome to the forums.

Are you using any mods. If so please list the mods you have and the load order.

What happens when you are starting a new game. Does the issue happen right from the start or only when you went to Nellis.

Do you you get any exclamation marks or purple/white textures before you start to get a black screen.

Did you install or update anything on your computer just before the issues happened.

You can try doing clean boot into windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Vicki Gunn

Return to Fallout: New Vegas