Sociological Research!

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi there!

I'm about to undertake my final year as a Sociology University student and have decided to write my dissertation on what it is that people love about seeing such a horrific and tragic end to the world, shown through many different media, but more specifically, the Fallout series.

With Fallout 4 about to take over our lives (and cause me to fail my final year), i figured it was a good time to write something about it. After all, if I'm going to be sinking hours of my life into it, I should make it relevant to my degree!

What is it about the dystopia that you play in the Fallout games that you love so much? Surely such a depressing setting would be no fun to sink hours of life into, so something must interest you about the end of the world! Whether it's because you don't like the way society is run today and like seeing new societies start fresh, the way Bethesda display their views and beliefs of the world, or because you're simply a good old fashioned anarchist.

Please just write what ever comes to mind as every single thing is helpful to me and hopefully interesting for you to think about!

Thank you for your time!

dav

Return to Fallout Series Discussion