Please! I need help!

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:07 am

I've been playing New Vegas for a few months on and off. I have the Ultimate Edition (UK version) for PS3. I was doing other quests when I finally decided to finish Restoring Hope (quite a few playing hours passed before I went back). It says to return to Major Polatli yet he has nothing to say other than "Back already? What do you need?" and my options are "I have some questions about the NCR" and "Goodbye." which I've both used and tried everything. I did all the unmarked quests like collecting ears, dog tags, etc. I did everything and yet he won't ask me to attack Nelson. I THINK I told him I wasn't ready yet a long time ago. I have about 10 saves and kept going back and back until I found one that allows me to continue. What happened? Why is it blocked? I don't wanna go back so far and redo every side thing I did in between. It was 20 hours ago in-game. Too long! Google doesn't help. I read all guides and wiki and bug lists. Nothing mentions him not having dialog before attacking Nelson.
Imy Davies

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 pm

IceKoldKilla,

You ask a very difficult question. As you know, Restoring Hope is a complicated quest with many related side quests (An Ear to the Ground, Return to Sender, Medical Mystery, Tags of Our Fallen, and others). Perhaps not doing something in those other quests could cause the issue you're having. It may be impossible to determine what is causing your problem.

Anyway, you can, to move along, attack Nelson by yourself to finish the quest. I did that once. I used the Rat Slayer to pick off the Legion soldiers there. I situated myself up on the nearby cliffs, staying in a concealed location, but still able to snipe those below. I eliminated all the Legion soldiers by that method. I didn't knock off Dead Sea until later (he's in one of the barracks). Be aware that finishing Restoring Hope in NCR's favor will earn Legion infamy. After that, you can expect to be attacked by Legion assassins. You will have failed the quest We Are Legion.

SEXY QUEEN

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:49 pm

I tried going to Nelson on my own and killed every Legion then entered that barracks to kill the guy. I untied the NCR and they walked to Milo. I talked to him and I finished his quest which I had not even accepted. I went to Major Polatli and he still wouldn't say anything. The quest was still telling me to return to him. I guess I'll have to start back from that very old save. From now on I won't leave quests to do later except main story quests. Thanks for the help. If it was PC, I could have entered a code and fixed it :/
flora

Return to Fallout: New Vegas