How did you kill Caesar?

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:47 pm

How did you kill Caesar? I got killed about 7 times and decided to wait.

I did find this and got the armor and implant.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/discussions/0/846946775313928288/

I was planning to use a Gauss weapon I got from killing the creeps that wanted me to strip.

Got it repaired at the NCR outpost. He is the highest level repair I have found.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gauss_rifle_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29

Jessie Butterfield

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 pm

I like using a Riot Shotgun and Coin Shot, but this is almost at Game End.

A Light Shining in Darkness, the Unique 1911 variant given to Our character at the end of Honest Hearts.

Industrial Hand, an Automatic Power Fist found in Lonesome Road.

Blood Nap, a Unique Bowie Knife found in Lonesome Road with a Melee character.

I do not know if it is possible to use the Euclid C-Finder in the tent? I have no Saved Games to try where I can use Helios One as a Weapon.

laila hassan

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:38 pm

They are swarming and killing first Boone and then me with those auto fist punching things.

There are 8-10 of them in that tent.

We killed the ones outside.

Syaza Ramali

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 pm

One way I like, is to enter the tent non-hostile, find a corner where only a couple of the Praetorian Guard are visible, and use a silenced weapon.

You can often kill several before the rest realize what is going on.

Another way is to start from a corner and use the Riot Shotgun, with both shotgun perks, or a good full-auto weapon like the LMG with extended magazine.

What you want to avoid is being swarmed by several Praetorians from multiple sides.

Kelly Upshall

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:26 am

You want to do it alone and start from conversation for max cool factor. The first time you talk to him choose the 'death to tyrants' choice and start the fight with whatever hidden weapons you have. I had a few Nuka Grenades and ALSID. Drop the grenade while running towards the corner by the door and then drop another, turn and start to fire. Then go and clear the whole camp just using ALSID.

Laura Cartwright

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:14 pm

It was a long time ago when I last did it, and only the once.
I'd already done the DLC's so had implants and good armor and whatnot.
I just used my fists...either a displacer glove or just a ballistic. One of my followers was parked outside the tent so that helped when I got outside.
Inside I popped a range of pills, chose a suitably hostile reply then started swinging, lol. I also had the Ranger Takedown perk which made things a bit more entertaining.
I saved before I spoke to him just so I could replay it or do it different.
It was fun and I'll do it again this playthrough :)
Queen

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Boone is a monster. I helped him kill weak enemies with my .357 while he had his revenge.

Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:24 am

I got killed a lot, too. Then someone told me about using mines. AWESOMESAUCE!

I just laid a bunch of mines along a path from just outside the tent to down inside the pit. By the time Caesar showed up, he was down about half his health and most of his cronies were dead already. Veronica, Rex, and I made mincemeat of him :)

john palmer

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:11 pm

What if I use a stealth boy? I have about 5 of them.

He won't talk. Just want us dead..

Btw can Boone actually die? I saw him laying on the ground.. As dead.. Not like Skyrim where they can't die unless the PC kills them?

They are already hostile and attacking when we enter. We killed their whole camp. :D

The only time I have seen Boone smile is when I said I wanted to join in the fun too.

Is there any way to give him a better gun that he will use?

Mines.. How do they work? Are they set to explode if I just toss them down?

Maria Garcia

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:12 am

Any gun that is better than the one they have equipped will be automatically selected by them.

Guns that aren't their default need real ammo, though.

Liv Brown

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

I placed a bunch of mines between the tent and the arena, where I had Veronica and ED-E waiting.

Walked into the tent, lobbed a grenade and ran like hell for the arena (taking the straight route and not the path with the mines).

By the time they got to the arena they were softened up a bit and we made short work of them.

Helps if you have the "light step" perk so you won't set off your own mines.

Jerry Cox

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 pm

The Praetorian Guards are pretty nasty if the get close enough to melee. Best bet is to shoot them before they get that close.

Nick Tyler

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:39 pm

disregarding a recent and fun experiment with C4, I do not kill Caesar ....... since 2011, I think.

I ALWAYS aim in the Praetorians. Caesar I let to Boone.

Zosia Cetnar

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Good question about Stealthboys. If you activate one first, then step into the tent, it may prevent you from being detected right away. Then head for the nearest corner, left or right.

As to mines, as soon as you lay one down it is active. You will not set off your own mines, but you can be hurt if too close when an enemy sets one off.

Boone, or any companion, will not die on the default setting. They go unconscious instead. In hardcoe mode they can die.

kevin ball

Return to Fallout: New Vegas