Cannot post a link?

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:40 am

I was trying to make a post in the G.E.C.K. section, for FallOut 3 and included a link to the G.E.C.K. Wikia main page...after I finished writing and tried to use the "preview" tab I got an "Error" message saying I am not allowed to post links -- but most irritating of all is it deleted my entire post while I was still trying to compose it, before I could go back and remove the link...so I'd be forced to rewrite the entire thing from start.

Is there a minimum number of posts I must make before I can add a link? Or does my account need to be "approved" by staff or something along those lines?

Is this information available for new forum members to read...I've looked through the forum rules and not seen it...but I may have overlooked it or been looking in wrong place.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Heather beauchamp

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:27 am

Yes there is a probationary period before you can post links ... although I'm not sure how long that is.

stacy hamilton

Post » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Ok, thank you. Most frustrating thing about it was that it deleted my entire post, even though I had not posted it yet (was trying to use the "preview" tab), and it was during the first cup of AM coffee so I was a bit annoyed, lol. The link was not important to the post, in hind-sight, -- just very frustrating to have the entire post vanish, rather than be given the option to edit out the link. Oh well, live and learn.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Dan Wright

Return to Fallout 3