Don't laugh, I forgot how to merge mods

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 am

It's been a long time since I modded FO3 and I simply don't remember some of the most basic tricks

To merge mods I used scripterRon plugin utility but there is a problem now because the mod is too big for this little program. out of heap space.

Shame on me, I really don't remember how to use modmanager or Fo3edit for this and I can't make it with the geck because the first file is the .esp version of the master used by the second one. I already removed the master dependency, so it usually works well but here the file is about 30 Mo and plugin utility can't allocate enough memory.

I would greatly prefer to use FO3edit rather than modmanager. Can someone help ?

Well, I hope it's clear. Personally I don't understand what I wrote but perhaps someone else will :lol:

Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:34 am

FO3Edit Training Manual: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/8629/?

Queen Bitch

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:44 am

Oh please M48A5 ... don't insult Octarina with Wiki page links.

Is you a modder ? Just wondering cuz have never seen you down here in the Geck basment. I do respect your input ... have read many a post by you.

@ Octarina ... whish I could help you ... but could you list the file size in Mb ... or was that just a typo meant to be 30MB ?

And I'd have to say ... wow thats fricken huge.

Is there a way you can separate peices by saving into another file just by loading it up in the geck? Then merge each peice?

And ofcourse clean it up later with Fo3-edit.

Actually I didn't know you could merge with Fo3.

@ M48A5 ...If you know ... why not just give some simple point direction explanation?

By the way Octarina ... Good to see you around again :)

Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 pm

@Mktavish

Wiki page? If you bothered to read the link or even check it out, you would have found it was a link to the FO3Edit Training Manual which would have given step by step instruction on how to merge mods.

As for an explanation, why would I type it here when with a few clicks the OP could have a copy on their computer.

And whether or not I am a modder has nothing to do with knowing where to find infromation. I didn't know it was a requirement to share iinformation and that you were the moderator.

Brooks Hardison

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:53 am

Yes I know it wasn't an actual wiki page ... sorry was just being half jokey about it.

Since Ive certainly been guilty of assaulting people with wiki links myself.

Neko Jenny

Return to Fallout 3