Sudden appearance of T-60 PA.

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:20 pm

So before this starts, I'm not ripping Bethesda here, just more trying to contemplate the need for the idea of the T-60 as it's shown. It's not really shown as an experimental suit and implies it was in service Post-Reclamation. Maybe it's just be but it kind of feels like Bethesda's way of trying to one up the T-51b suit as the king of Pre-War suits of Power Armor. I mean, I'm not outraged, but the whole thing kind of feels like an asspull just to trump the T-51b. I mean, the T-60 looks more like it'd fit in between the T-46-T-50 number settings. Is anyone else kind of unsure how to react to this?

Again, this is not a Bethesda hate thread, this is a discussion of the T-60 Power Armor series. If you want to rag on Bethesda, take that crap to another thread.

candice keenan

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:00 pm

My take on it is that T-60 is a retrofit of the T-45 suits to incorporate more recent technologies found on the T-51 series.

While the T-51 is a mass produced, frontline-service model (which likely has advantages that aren't available in gameplay for whatever reasons), the T-60 was developed as a way to convert all those now-defunct suits of T-45 into something useful and so the US could equip it's homeland troops with advanced power armour while keeping the T-51 on the frontlines.

Unless of course I missed some info that just invalidates that theory.

Vera Maslar

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:18 pm

As far as I know there is no explanation for it in-game, nor indeed much of anything really I am finding. I honestly thought that it was going to have been a post-war suit developed by the Brotherhood as a combination of their own gear and the Enclave's but apparently not.

It just is it seems but I like Ledgend's explanation. Seems fairly reasonable.

Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Why would the Commonwealth pull the newest Power Armor away from where it is needed? The T-51B being successful in China means the T-60 can be used to protect the Commonwealth from Internal Threats like the newly acquired Canada. Mexico lies to the South and Europeans needed to be discouraged from ideas of Imperialism. The Fifties Theme is fitting with America coming out as the Last World Power.

I also feel the T-60 Armor is Bethesda placing Their Stamp on the Fallout Franchise, and was not really needed.

IMO We need Mechanised Platemail built around a small Steam Engine :hehe:

Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 am

Hopefully there is some hidden info on it in game or present in future DLC. I'd imagine it is a refurbishing of old power armour systems with superior plating & tinkered joints/servos. Considering the 45d was just steel plated suits they would not be hard to break down & refurbish with the current technologies. Best way to think of it, in my opinion, is how a lot of the National Guard ahs refurbished equipment from the main armories of the military. They may be inactive most of the time but they do have the facilities to modify, contract out areas, and so on and so forth. Perhaps this was one common wealth's way of doing that?

It would explain why it has not been seen elsewhere; similar to the 14mm pistol not popping up more compared to its modified 12.7mm variety. Commonwealth's seemed to differ quite a bit in their needs more than I thought I suppose.

Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:27 pm

I presume it was based on the T-45's design, but using the more advanced composites (I believe upgrading it in FO4 costs ceramic, unlike the T-45 armor), and not widely distributed before the bombs fell. Of course, I'm admittedly biased because I always preferred the aesthetic of the T-45 over the T-51, and I'm quite pleased that there's an even better armor that shares the T-45's aesthetic.

Laura Richards

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:42 am

I think it would have been better to make it the T-25.

The attempt to do a tank and a human combination which had the horrific bug of running low on batteries quickly and exploding in a nuclear fireball if you hit it from behind.

neil slattery

Return to Fallout Series Discussion