Settlement Mod Request

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:31 am

Hello Modders,

I had an idea for settlements although I am not too sure on the feasibility of such a modding project. Essentially the idea is to have settlements to gradually improve on visual appearance over time and provide more depth to the settlement system and allow for more world changing events. Personally I am tired of seeing Preston, and company running around Sanctuary hitting hammers on walls and doing literally nothing other than making noise. It would be really cool to see those hammers being put to good use.

Basically after you first acquire the settlement and settlers move in it still looks run down and crappy. Then after a week, maybe two at in game time the buildings on the settlement plot start having scaffolding going up around the old run down buildings. Another week or two goes by and you start seeing some of the formerly run down buildings with walls. Then after another week then revitalization is complete and all of the buildings are looking rebuilt again. My suggestion for the renewed buildings would be to used metals or wood from that would align well with the post apocalyptic theme. Something similar to what is currently used in the construction tools in game, but with less wholes in the walls and ceilings. Additionally these remodels could be gated behind how many resources the settlement has at its disposal. So for instance the settler provides the opportunity for the settlement to rebuild some of its former structures, but you need a certain amount of wood, metal, plastic, glass, ceramic, concrete, etc. to start the renovations.

That is the rough idea, let me know what you think and if anyone can think of anything to add go right ahead!

Bek Rideout

Return to Fallout 4