[Idea] Improving Settlement Construction UI

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:58 am

So, I've been running into a problem for my settlements. That main problem is: Finding where my settlers are and what jobs they're doing, what jobs need to be done, and who's doing what.
My idea is simple, just an addition to the construction UI that allows you to view a list of all your settlers in the current settlement you're in. You can see who's assigned to what job, and possibly allow you to remote edit their inventory and maybe even name. This is all done to keep a track on who's doing what and keep your settlement orderly. I've wasted a lot of time running around to try and find a settler who doesn't have a job, only to question: "Wait, don't I have this guy working the Weapon Shop?" but since he's nowhere near it right now, it's hard to tell... so I need to wait until the person who's work at the weapon shop to go there so I can see if I need to assign that guy to a job... only to find out he wasn't the guy working the weapon shop, but now I can't find him in my settlement.

So, a recap of what I would like to see:
* A UI addition to the construction UI that allows you to view a list of settlers on your current settlement and their job
* Able to rename settlers
* Able to Remote Edit their inventory and equip items

* Possibly a highlight info pane when you select a settler to see what job that specific person has

I feel these would be fairly simple to perform for a good modder, and would -drastically- improve the UI and organization of a settlement.

Ash

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:22 pm

You do know the bell tower will group all your settlers in one location yes? Granted it doesn't tell you what job their doing but I hear there is a mod in the works to rename settlers which would allow you to add something to show what their assignment is.

Simplest solution is always best and with how bugged the game engine is I would suggest only working on small changes right now.
Rachie Stout

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Ah, gotcha. But yea most of the problems still persist.

You may be able to group them together, but unless you have a clear visual path to each of the jobs you have assigned you won't know who's doing what.

Joie Perez

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

I saw this posted in a tips thread. Assign each type of worker a specific uniform. Then when you call them all together, those not wearing a uniform are new settlers that need a task assigned.

It doesn't solve your other issues with settlements, but it will help with settler assignments.
Alada Vaginah

Return to Fallout 4