The Secret of House Cabot, what happened?

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Major spoilers for "The Secret of House Cabot" quest.

So after fighting through the Asylum and killing the boss, the quest text tells you to either free or kill Lorenzo. Jacob tells you to flip 4 switches around the room while Lorenzo tells you to open his cell, which I assume is the button in the middle of the room. After hitting all of the switches Jacob told me to, I sat and watched Lorenzo die. Then I spoke with Jacob who thanks me and tells me I should come back to the Cabot House for a reward. He also talks about closing down the asylum and downsizing his staff.

I went back to the house, but only Edward was there with no dialogue. Confused, I read the quest summary, which says that I freed Lorenzo, he came back and killed everyone, then I made an agreement with him that he would supply me with the serum made from his blood. What the hell? Did I miss something or mess something up? Is this supposed to happen?

I had already made a new save after all that, thinking that since Jacob was alive and inviting me back to the house that everything was fine. If I wanted to go back to before doing the questline, my next closest save file is 15 hours earlier.

I know this quest is probably meant for pretty late in the game so maybe not a lot of people have done it, but I just want to know what happened.

Mari martnez Martinez

Return to Fallout 4