Chris Avellone

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:19 am

I respect the man but I don't agree with some of his views on Fallout. If I remember right he is a fan of "everything should be nuked again!"

But yeah it would be great to see him working on future Fallouts along with the others at Obsidian. Chris left Obsidian did he not? Maybe he will be back someday.

Jamie Moysey

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:46 am

Chris also states he only can write romances which are horrifically warped and tragic.

Monika Krzyzak

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:10 am

Well, I'm personally fine with this because in video games if not done tragically it just appears comic.

(always lol at the singing scene in Dragon Age and that [censored] dog....hahahaha)

Heather beauchamp

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 am

I would love to have the Sawyer and Avellone combo, even though Honest Hearts was a bit dull gameplay-wise and Lonesome Road's main character is hated by many (not by me, though) they were still great writing-wise and never get old (along with the other DLCs).

I didn't know he was the lead behind New Reno (my favourite location in the Fallout games) and Vault City, which were really unique and, well, just good. Now I really miss him.

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 am

Haha, I love Origins but Lelianna's song was so cringe-inducing.

Richard Thompson

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 am

Why are you hating on Leliana and her song. I love that moment in DA:O. Just close your eyes and listen to the music.

Nicholas C

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 am

:lmao:

I'm sorry. It's just the wrong medium for that kind of thing. Maybe the only instances of relationships done maturely and not cringe-inducing fodder for teens was in PS:T.

Cathrine Jack

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:09 am

I have seen it done well. Not necessarily by a non-Japanese games company, admittedly.

On the subject of Mr. Avellone, I'm not sure I would want to see him back on Fallout: PS:T aside, he seems to have more misses than hits on his CV, at least according to his Wikipedia page. Icewind Dale was enjoyable, but instantly forgettable compared with Balder's Gate. Then we've got things like Lionheart: Legacy of Arcarnum, which ... somehow I could never persuade myself to play much beyond the end of the first act, for some reason. Come to think of it, I never finished F2 either (I bogged down on the Oli Rig IIRC). I did finish Fallout though.

Mind you, my favourite game using the engine from F1 and F2 is still Arcarnum, and that includes the Fallout games.

I think probably Avellone is one of those writers who, when he gets it right, he does very well indeed, but I don't think he gets it right all that often. Or when he does he does it by recycling old stories and settings.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing what he does with Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Shaylee Shaw

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am

I'm very interested in the new torment as well. Not only does it have Chris avellone, but it Also has Patrick rothfuss as a writer. He wrote the name of the wind and wise man's fear (and has a third book to yet come out) and is one of the best book series I have ever read.

Also didn't Chris write durance in pillars of eternity? That dude was the best character in the game IMO.
Lexy Dick

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:23 am

Unfortunately that wont happen, other amazing writers from original fallouts and new Vegas offered help to Bethesda but the offers were declined. That would be a dream come true for fallout fans though instead were left with the bad writing that plagues fallout 4.

Kelly Tomlinson

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion