A tribal-based Fallout spinoff like New Vegas

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:59 pm

How would you guys feel about a New Vegas style (Fallout 4 engine with some borrowed assets) Fallout game set in the Midwest like Utah or Idaho. The technology would be less advanced with weapons like spears and bows being standard, home-made or salvaged firearms being mid-level weapons, and functional plasma rifles and combat rifles being the equivalent of Fat Mans and Gatling Lasers in Fallout 3 or 4.

The story of the game could be about the player character trying to save his tribe from conquest by Caesar's Legion. We could finally explore places like Dogtown (Denver) and Flagstaff (Legion "capital"). There could be super mutants left from the Master's Army but overall less radiation and more wilderness.

Claire

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 am

It seems the east coast tribals aren't just aboriginal throwbacks but degenerate idiots. We so far have seen one tribe that is looney about a talking tree despite said talking tree's annoyance at his deification, and we have another that is comprised of lobotomized droolies. I'm not sure I want to see any more east coast tribals.

R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:44 am

I don't think you read his post very carefully. He's not asking for "east coast tribals." He's asking for a game set in Utah or Wyoming.

Anyway, to answer the question: I would love a game set in some niche area in Utah or Idaho that was less technologically advanced than the previous games. I think that would make for a nice change of pace.

ZANEY82

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:45 pm

I dunno. It's easier to me to believe than having them all running around saying "Ring-a-ding-ding, baby!" or "Ave, Caesar!"

darnell waddington

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 am

The Treeminders are not tribals, they are a cult. Tribals are groups like the white legs, sorrows, and dead horses, who lack anything resembling basic knowledge of technology.

As for the OP's question, no, I would personally not like a tribal based Fallout game, because tribals are boring due to their lack of... well.. everything. Tribals are supposed to be on their way out, not the center of a game.

Robert Jackson

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:25 am

That's explained though, the chairmen (and all of the Vegas tribals) were a bunch of uneducated tribals, and Mr house made them all high class and stuff for his image of new Vegas. They weren't dressed fancy and saying ring a ding baby before house.

As for Caesar, well they stopped becoming tribals once Caesar assimilated them into the legion. Now they're an army of dedicated soldiers fighting for a cause.

As to the op, I wouldn't mind a side fallout game comprised mostly of tribals. Itd be kinda Cool if you had an enemy tribe that worshipped a God, that just happened to be a dude in power armour with a plasma rifle and a flamer. He could be the main boss, and maybe is an exiled brotherhood paladin, or maybe an enclave soldier sole survivor of a vertibird crash in the middle of nowhere and found uneducated tribals he turned into his worshippers.
Haley Cooper

Return to Fallout Series Discussion