Objective Opinion, The NCR is the Strongest

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Like I said, I'm not saying that you're lying. I'd just like to hear it myself is all. I'm a natural doubting Thomas so I have to see it to believe it. :P

Which caravaneers are you trying to get the repeat dialogue from by the way? I've tried the ones I find on the road and then the people at Bunker Hill. But I haven't heard anyone mention the NCR yet.

Once I find it I'll try and get a screenshot for proof.

Chris Jones

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:22 am

Also, NCR winning at the dam doesn't equal NCR winning overall. In House, NCR, and Independent endings, the NCR wins the battle of the Dam.

Da Missz

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:08 am

Yeah it really depends on how its worded.

If it just says the "The NCR won the battle" that happens in every ending but the Legion's ending. But if it mentions something about "controlling the Mojave" (or whatever) then that'll be more definite.

Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:51 am

Meh.

If all they mention is the NCR winning they're mentioning it for a reason. If House or an Indy ending came to pass one would imagine they'd say something about House or the Courier rather than NCR. Hearing that the NCR won and nothing more about the situation, but interpreting that as a House/Indy ending? Seems like a reach
Chris BEvan

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:38 am

You're probably right, but then again, maybe they're just intended to confirm that the Legion didn't win (which really wouldn't be a surprise).

But I could just be grasping at straws here.

Chantel Hopkin

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:40 am

I just hope we eventually get a definitive answer in the form of another game.

I've enjoyed Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4, but I'd squeal with glee like a particularly obnoxious child in the candy aisle if another Fallout game set in the same area as 1 or 2 came out. LA or New Orleans sound great too...but I want to see Arroyo or Marioposa or The Glow again. Maybe not New Reno, since we just saw New Vegas...but hell.

Vault 13, the Boneyard, and seeing what the heart of the NCR is like would be rad. I'd love some political intrigue in the capital, some BoS hideouts, all that good stuff. Gimme gimme gimme
roxanna matoorah

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:29 am

I think New Arroyo would be good, for a WC game. Don't think I need to see Mariposa again, seen that twice. New Reno could be cool, seeing how you have Chosen One child in charge. If a game was set around New Arroyo, New Reno could be a nice large sized DLC. Vault City may be able to fit on a New Arroyo area map. Maybe Portland, Oregon could, too. Would be fun I think.

Jason Wolf

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am

Yeah Mariposa probably doesn't need to be seen again. It's just that Mariposa was pretty much the Boss Level of my childhood. Either Mariposa or that last encounter with Bowser in Super Mario 64. Bloody epic.

sexy zara

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:14 am

The way Bethesda games have worked in the past, the events of the previous games are left deliberately vague and up to interpretation to accommodate the choices of the player, with little in the way of actual definitive lore set down. The Legion was never going to survive Caesar's death anyway, so giving the victory to the NCR just maintains their presence in California, while eliminating the Legion from Arizona to Colorado, thus opening those areas to future game potentials.

Heck, you could even still keep the Legion, struggling post-Caesar.

But truthfully, I kind of want to see this Wyoming/Montana Super State established by the Great Khans and the Followers of the Apocalypse. Khans of the Apocalypse? Followers of the Khans?

Rebecca Dosch

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:18 am

That would be fun. Lots of open land, maybe incorporate the gamma storms from F4 so that traveling a long distance is dangerous. Maybe bring in some caravan guarding missions.

I just hope the next Fallout or Fallout 4 DLC bring back some of the Western flavored weapons from New Vegas. I miss that stuff pretty bad in Fallout 4
Laura Cartwright

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:38 am

Personally, I just want my avatar's hat.

Ol' Nebraska's going to be my next Sole Survivor, once I wrap up my current play through. The Road Leathers + Leather Armor is fine and dandy, but there aren't a whole lot of good Cowboy hats around.

courtnay

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:24 am

And this, is the thing that is NOT Fallout and BGS should recognize this and not make it so. Fallout always left enough hints in sequels to let a player know what really happened. It is one of my biggest complaints with FO 4, not one mention of the LW. They can keep TES as vague as they want, no reason to make Fallout even more like TES with guns.

Solène We

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion