How far do the radstorms go?

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 am

So with Fallout 4 we were introduced to the Glowing Sea, a unique geographical feature brought about by a very high yield nuke being dropped in the Boston area.

We also learn about, and get to experience, the radstorms the Glowing Sea puts out on an irregular basis.

I wondered how far these radstorms actually cover outside the Boston area. Given that the glowing sea is in the far corner of the map, surely other places around the Glowing Sea suffer the same radstorms?

Comparing the in-game game with google maps, and making a rough approximation of where the Glowing sea is, I have come to conclude the radstorms reach as far as at least the boxed area in the below picture.

http://i.imgur.com/GEQ8Q7Y.png

A large part of Massachusetts, as well as large parts of Rhode Island, and some parts of Connecticut, appear likely to be effected by the radstorms. Though given that the radstorms seemingly go on past the game's boundaries, even on the parts of the map furthers from the Glowing Sea, even this area is too small to actually represent how far they actually cover.

Courtney Foren

Return to Fallout Series Discussion