Worst 5 games you've ever played

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 am

So C2 & 3 have taken their fair share of hate, but the games aren't nearly as bad as other things we've played. So I thought I might get your thoughts on the 5 worst games that you've personally played (can be across multiple platforms). Here's mine:

1. GTA V:

A buggy and over rated pile of garbage with dumb unconventional controls which are stiffer than pure diamond, a cliched story and rubbish game play, appalling driving/flying and shooting physics too. I know it's not focused on being a simulator but when the top speed (after it been fully tuned) of a lambo (which has a real life top speed of 220 MPH) is 130 MPH (At a struggle, with Franklin's special ability on). It's like being back in the fast and furious of days of old.

Which also brings me to say that the only stat on a car which increases during tuning is the acceleration so all cars can have max acceleration regardless of how bad they are. And braking but only by very little. Handling and top speed remain the same. The handling is unaffected by any new suspension. Any mods such as turbos,engine mods,and transmission only affect acceleration for some dumb reason.

Not to mention that the free roam is actually microscopic. I managed to get around the entire island using the motorway (which surrounds the island) in 7 mins at about 100 MPH (average). Yet in NFS undercover it takes me 12 mins at 200 MPH (average).

2. Call of Duty Black ops 2:

Please don't make me explain this.

3. Far Cry 3:

Yet another over rated piece of junk. Cliched story as well. Boring MP, rubbish game play, but worst of all is the fact that some idiot thought it would be a good idea to make an action/adventure game in 1st person.

4. Demon's Souls:

I hate RPGs as a whole, but this was just disgusting. The game makes you spend half an hour making a character and then doesn't bother telling you their basic controls and abilities, usually you'd look in the instruction book but I got this off of the ps store so it's didn't have one.

What I had to do was walk to specific spots on the floor and read the tips from the floor. How dumb is that? You have to walk for 5 mins before you come to the first enemy by which time I got bored and quit and deleted the game.

5. NFS Rivals:
It's everything that a racing game shouldn't be in one annoying package.

Sorry for the long post, I had to rant about GTA, DO NOT BUY THE GAME IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING IT!!!
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Lets see..

1. Killzone 3
- Literally everything you can complain about in FPS games can be found from here. Constant framerate issues, controls feel clunky, terrible map design, no-skill gameplay (no-recoil weapons, which kill in 1-5 shots, nuke explosives, invicibility etc), massive advantages for leveling up and so on. When I read "bad game" from my dictionary, it means Killzone 3. It somehow manages to be even worse than the first Killzone.

2. SNK vs Capcom
- This game just feels lame. It doesn't feel fun to play at all, the combat is boring and it lacks in any decent game modes.

3. Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Like CoD but worse...
...How's that even possible, especially when it almost eliminates the advantages with leveling up and it still has 60FPS?

4. Red Steel 2
- How to ruin a great concept, which might actually work as a video game? By creating copy&paste levels, which look different but have the exact same missions. The game only lasts for five hours, yet, it still feels very repetitive.

5. Alien Resurrection (PS1)
- Terrible controls and level design. Also as boring as watching grass grow.
kelly thomson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:54 am

Lets see..

1. Killzone 3
- Literally everything you can complain about in FPS games can be found from here. Constant framerate issues, controls feel clunky, terrible map design, no-skill gameplay (no-recoil weapons, which kill in 1-5 shots, nuke explosives, invicibility etc), massive advantages for leveling up and so on. When I read "bad game" from my dictionary, it means Killzone 3. It somehow manages to be even worse than the first Killzone.

I forgot about KZ3, it was a good concept ruined. I don't even know why I still own it.
Bek Rideout

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:08 am

If more people reply to this I might make a separate vote with the 3-5 most mentioned games and then we'll come up with a general result.

The funny thing is that the first 4 games I mentioned were actually recommended by various friends and I had no intention of buying them. I bought pro street because I loved carbon before it and thought it might be similar and my granddad bought me grid after some guy in a shop told him that it was a popular game so that was passively recommended.

That's why I don't buy games that are recommended by friends (No offence to my friends). It's also why I decided to listen to a friend and have ordered NFS rivals lol.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:47 pm

OP, those are some pretty damn amazing games to be the "worst" games you've ever played. I think you just wanted a chance to be angsty against popular opinion, but alright I'll try to make my list. I might be a little guilty of that myself.

1. Papers, Please

Honestly, this game got a lot of praise, but after wasting 3 hours playing it I felt like I had accomplished nothing and I just spent 3 hours doing fictional, boring, tedious work with no satisfaction in return. It was not entertaining in the slightest to me.

2. Dota 2

To be fair, I hate the entire MOBA genre. I haven't liked sports throughout any period of my life, and it wasn't because of the physical activity involved. It was because of the repetitive, unchanging nature of sports. I found that this same attitude toward sports remained true for video games structured like sports, or e-sports. CS:GO bores me as well, but I don't hate that game. I respect it, even though it doesn't interest me. Dota 2 I would respect as well, if it weren't for the awful community that shattered all possible respect I could have had for the game. I respect Valve, but I'm sorry, the community has destroyed your work. I could not get into the game because, at the time, there were no tutorials, so I literally could not learn the game. Any match I would go into, the slightest slip-up would get me reported for intentional feeding or some other passive aggressive hogwash. I learned that this behavior is persistent in other MOBAs as well, and I personally condemned the entire genre. I refuse to go back, even if there are tutorials now. I cannot stand being among such a serious and uptight community.

3. Battlegrounds 2 (Source Mod)

I don't know how many people would consider this a game, but basically it's crappy revolutionary war simulator with guns that take 20 years to reload and a community composed of butthurt 30-year-old admins and butt-abusing 13-year-old children. Gameplay is bad, maps are bad, community is bad.

4. Flappy Bird

This is a mobile app, but I'm going to qualify it because this list is getting difficult for me to make. I've actually enjoyed a vast majority of the games I've played. I remember downloading Flappy Bird several days before it blew up across the world. I remember thinking "Wow, it's barely playable. The collision detection is awful, it's running at low locked framerate, and it's unimaginably repetitive. How is this top rated?" I went to school a couple of days later to be baffled by its popularity. Then I went to the internet. Baffled again. Absolute garbage game.

5. Garry's Mod

I need to explain this one, because I feel that maybe this is not a bad game, but rather I feel that it held me hostage then betrayed me. I cannot stand it anymore. I absolutely loved this game when I was like 14. Played a total of 856 hours, become socially invested in several communities, and became intellectually invested in building and learning to build advanced machines with wiremod and lua scripts. Nowadays, the game is absolute trash. Besides running like garbage after the Gmod 13 update, I'm not actually sure if the game got worse, or if I just grew up. After all, it's the 14 year old kids on there that annoy me now.

Bonus Game: Onverse

The story behind this one is very long and I can post it if you want (it is already written elsewhere), but to sum it up the community was scarily uptight and addicted to reporting people for little things. I was addicted to it in middle school.
Ray

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:17 am

OP, those are some pretty damn amazing games to be the "worst" games you've ever played. I think you just wanted a chance to be angsty against popular opinion, but alright I'll try to make my list. I might be a little guilty of that myself.

No it's because I'm not afraid to be different from everyone else and nor am I naive enough to get blinded by all of the hype surrounding the games to see that they are terrible.

With regards to flappy bird, I completely forgot about that too. What did all the hype start from?
DAVId Bryant

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 am

3. Far Cry 3:

Yet another over rated piece of junk. Cliched story as well. Boring MP, rubbish game play, but worst of all is the fact that some idiot thought it would be a good idea to make an action/adventure game in 1st person.

I might agree on couple of games you mentioned, but this one was very nice for me ... although I played single player only, the game as a whole was amazing (story line, graphics, insanity definition was epic by Vaas, open world with a lot of options).
City Swagga

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:53 pm

3. Far Cry 3:

I might agree on couple of games you mentioned, but this one was very nice for me ... although I played single player only, the game as a whole was amazing (story line, graphics, insanity definition was epic by Vaas, open world with a lot of options).

I agree, the voice actor pulled off vaas excellently. But the game had idiotic checkpoints that start you everywhere but the place you last finished in. It's graphics weren't good. I watched the ending on you tube where you kill your friends and at one point you slit one of their throats and a flat waterfall of blood comes out of her chin.
Charlotte Henderson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm

1. Arcania Gothic 4
Cash n Class

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:11 am

3. Far Cry 3:

I agree, the voice actor pulled off vaas excellently. But the game had idiotic checkpoints that start you everywhere but the place you last finished in. It's graphics weren't good. I watched the ending on you tube where you kill your friends and at one point you slit one of their throats and a flat waterfall of blood comes out of her chin.

lolol yeah that was horrible, but there was another ending "if you know what I mean" :p , you can choose between two endings :D
P PoLlo

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:10 am

lolol yeah that was horrible, but there was another ending "if you know what I mean" :p , you can choose between two endings :D

Yes, I picked the one where citra dies because she was too annoying. I've finished the game as well.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 am

Yes, I picked the one where citra dies because she was too annoying. I've finished the game as well.

Yup choose joining her "Citra" if you decide to finish the game again, but in that case you'll die instead of your friends lol
Kate Schofield

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm

My list of worst games played is

Killzone 3
Red Steel 2
Flappy Bird

check this out
Dark Mogul

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:04 pm

My worst 5 games were all mobile apps. So bad I dont even want to remember them except to say Flappy bird tops that list.
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:29 am

My worst 5 games were all mobile apps. So bad I dont even want to remember them except to say Flappy bird tops that list.

I don't play mobile apps. However I am now adding NFS Rivals to my list. It's everything that a racing game shouldn't be in one annoying package.
Danial Zachery

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:00 am

I laughed at the 30FPS limit of Rivals. I laughed even more when I saw someone remove the limit on PC and drive 2x faster. Talk about terrible devs.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:46 am

I laughed at the 30FPS limit of Rivals. I laughed even more when I saw someone remove the limit on PC and drive 2x faster. Talk about terrible devs.

Forget the graphics/FPS. The graphics are actually overdone for a racing game, because in a racing game you want a simple environment so that you don't get distracted. The last good NFS was Carbon in 2006. I had a blast with that game and still own it to date. It was one of my first ps3 games. Ah the memories.
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:33 am

FPS is very important though since higher FPS also makes the game feel much smoother and the controls are better. If the game runs below 30FPS, the controls become unresponsive and the game starts to run like crap. 60FPS and above makes the controls even more precise and the game feels a lot smoother. 60FPS is pretty much a must for any fighting, platform or shoot 'em up game or else the game will be terrible automatically.

That's why I wish Crytek didn't care about graphics and focused on making the games run smoothly. Crysis games run below 30FPS on consoles almost all the time, what is terrible for a shooter. >_>
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:53 am

FPS is very important though since higher FPS also makes the game feel much smoother and the controls are better. If the game runs below 30FPS, the controls become unresponsive and the game starts to run like crap. 60FPS and above makes the controls even more precise and the game feels a lot smoother. 60FPS is pretty much a must for any fighting, platform or shoot 'em up game or else the game will be terrible automatically.

That's why I wish Crytek didn't care about graphics and focused on making the games run smoothly. Crysis games run below 30FPS on consoles almost all the time, what is terrible for a shooter. >_>

Trust me, in a game like rivals, the FPS is the least of your worries, it runs fairly well for me.

Here is what I hate about the game (from the racer POV so far - there is a cop side as well). I'll keep the explanations short.

-Too unrealistic

-100MPH feels like 300MPH

-You can only take high speed corners with drifiting because the brakes only
lock up the rear wheels.

-Overdone graphics

-Difficult to differ the road from the environment

-OP AI cops

-Very short Campaign (lasts until rank 21 of 60)

-No real story line

-Cops get most of the good cars

-Pursuit tech (in short it allows you to play dirty)

-Getting 'Busted' or 'Wrecked' (you lose all of your accumulated money which you haven't banked or are on the way to banking). The AI cops are OP for this reason, they don't leave you alone.

-No racecourse map (when you select a race from the map it only tells you your friends' completion time, the mode and difficulty. Nothing about where it goes or your opponents or prize money).

-No clear race route, there aren't any forcefield barriers or something to keep you on track in a race so it's very easy to miss an exit or a turn in a race especially when you are in first,being attacked by racers and cops with pursuit tech and trying to not die all at the same time.

-Dumb spawn in. When you have a regular crash out in a race (not a bust or wreck) the game sometimes spawns you facing the wrong way so you have to waste time turning around.

-Microscopic font. You have to read any on screen info with a microscope to see it.

-Big map with not many roads.

-Few car customization options

-No sensitivity toggle

-No control layout modification option

- No cars before 1994

-VERY (x20) sluggish car steering

-No racing wheel compatibility. If I could use my wheel I would be so much better.

-No split screen. A racing game is not a racing game if it doesn't have split screen

In short almost everything that a car game shouldn't be. I get the sense that for some idiotic reason they have tried to copy GTA V. After this I will have NOTHING at all to complain about in GT6 (apart from the lack of a couple of cool cars).
Sammygirl500

Return to Crysis