Marshall is useless

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:26 am

Why is there a pump action shotgun in the game when the jackal in semiautomatic mode does more damage? The marshall does 30 and the jackal does 32 and since the jackals rpm is better I may wonder... Why is there a marshall in the game? Its totally useless.
Gemma Archer

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 am

Jackal is obtained much later in the game and it can't be silenced, disallowing you to complete a mission stealthily.
Beast Attire

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Jackal is obtained much later in the game and it can't be silenced, disallowing you to complete a mission stealthily.

That may be so but silencing the marshall reduces its damage even MORE!
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:44 am

Dunno if it's different in singleplayer, but I think all silenced weapons start losing damage after about 15 meters, but 15m is already beyond effective range of Marshall so it's not affected.

I also heard a rumor that the under barrel shotgun deals damage of Marshall and Jackal combined. It might be true as it does great damage to Ceph and has very low range in mp but can take down armored opponent in 1 precise shot.

If u carry a rifle with this shotgun attached and another shotgun as secondary weapon u get like 24-28 shots for it.

PS: Real men use pump-action shotguns.
Kevan Olson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:05 am

Dunno if it's different in singleplayer, but I think all silenced weapons start losing damage after about 15 meters, but 15m is already beyond effective range of Marshall so it's not affected.

I also heard a rumor that the under barrel shotgun deals damage of Marshall and Jackal combined. It might be true as it does great damage to Ceph and has very low range in mp but can take down armored opponent in 1 precise shot.

If u carry a rifle with this shotgun attached and another shotgun as secondary weapon u get like 24-28 shots for it.

PS: Real men use pump-action shotguns.

That rumor about the underbarrel shotgun cannot be true. Crytek has lied to us about many things in Crysis 2 (like that adding attachments to weapons make them heavier) but making the UB shotgun so powerful would be against the laws of physics. If you see it, it's way smaller that the jackal, so it's 1% possible that the rumor is true.

PS: Real men cant be killed with one shot, so I guess I'm a woman.
Casey

Return to Crysis