Respawning NPC's

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am

I recently worked through the "My First Vault" Tutorial series, on the GECK Wiki page. I did not populate it with as many NPC's as the tutorials indicated, nor fill it with very much clutter/decoration, as I am considering using it for something else and didn't want to have to un-do a lot of things...after doing the little mini-quest suggested in the tutorial I have not revisited the vault for approx. 6-7 RL days...today I "remembered" to go back to take another look and none of the NPC's have respawned. Their bodies are still laying about as they were when I went through the vault a week ago (a week in real-world time).

Is there a setting I've overlooked, or done incorrectly...I expected the NPC's to respawn after a period of time. Is there something I can change/edit to affect the timer for the respawning?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

(Edit: I am only using G.E.C.K., with the 1.5 Update, and have FallOut 3 GoTY Ver. if that matters.)

john page

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:17 am

Right click on your cell, select 'edit', then select the 'interior data' tab. On that tab, you will find an entry for 'encounter zone'. The encounter zone you use should be one that does not have 'never resets' selected (you can look at the encounter zones under the 'world' menu).

SEXY QUEEN

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:28 am

You can wait all the time you want in the real world ... but unless the game is running , it won't ever reach the 3 game day respawn time.

Wich is about 2 1/2 hours real time to equal 3 game days on the default vanilla time scale.

Using the wait function is how you get the time to pass real fast.

And besides that flag JW1 mentions for the encounter zone. You must also have the "Respawn" flag checked on the NPC.

Also with LeveledCharacters ... make sure each one on the list has that checked to.

Darian Ennels

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 am

Thank you both for the replies and information.

I should have been more clear about the time that passed...approx. 1 week real-world time went by, during which I played the game approx. 5-6 hours each day, that is why I was surprised the NPC's had not respawned. I will need to check the settings mentioned above.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

IM NOT EASY

Return to Fallout 3