ANGRY MAN GETS ACHIEVEMENT, REMAINS ANGRY

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 am

1/1/2012

The achievement finally popped tonight. Hopefully, it'll pop for the rest of you who are still missing out this month. Crytek, you still owe the fans an apology.

10/27/2011

if you would like a post each day to say whether there is an update or not I'd be happy to oblige, but in the past this has not gone down particularly well (gets some what spammy).

Crytek is in no way attempting to ignore people, but unfortunately as far as discussions on this topic between developer and publisher, research into issues and other such matters takes much longer than you seem to imagine. Continuing to remind people of things that are already being done does not make much difference unfortunately, so that's why i will update you when they get back to me.

So which is it? I'm asking for a daily update from you as you said you'd be happy to oblige that request. Are you now unwilling to accommodate that request?

As far as the amount of time communication and research and whatnot takes, I'm not buying it for a second. I do believe that it is possible fixing an issue in a manner that is cost effective could take a month or more for various reasons, but some issues that have been complained about (grain) for about 7 months and no information has been communicated to customers for probably about 5 months. That is indeed MORE than enough time. Crysis for consoles managed to get an achievement patch within HOURS. Where was the month of research and communication between developer and publisher with that?

Now, given Crytek's track record with the aforementioned issue, surely you can see why I believe it is important to be adamant about reminders and pushing hard to get updates. Not answering a question when it is asked is - believe it or not - ignoring. And if you don't know how Crytek feels about "our feedback in general", how in the world can you legitimately say Crytek isn't attempting to ignore people? You don't know what Crytek is doing.

"Money, money. Honey!" There's no more Crysis 2 money, I am sure that is what the discussion was about between developer and publisher over these issues. I doubt EA is going to give Crytek a hand out to fix the game some more.

Sadly, you're right. But you have also unwittingly stumbled upon a larger problem with the industry and most of the world in general: accountability. No one has any accountability; Crytek isn't responsible because EA won't give them money. EA isn't responsible for giving them any money because the game wasn't doing Iron Man numbers.

Who is responsible then? Who do we hold accountable? There's a problem, and someone damn sure caused it. The game didn't glitch itself. It wasn't an act of God or a natural disaster. Somebody messed up. Crytek developed the game. Crytek is responsible for fixing the game it messed up. That's just the way it is.

HOWEVER, EA published the game and as the publisher, they have a responsibility to their customers to ensure that we get a game that functions properly - including achievements that unlock as they're supposed to. That, of course, does not mean Crytek has no obligation to communicate directly and work with its customers to resolve issues either. They still have an obligation to the customer to protect their name, reputation and future endeavors. I'm saying that by involving themselves EA has assumed a portion of the accountability.

It is a shame that people are willing to excuse the lack of accountability. I leave you all tonight with a quote from the Declaration of Independence: "all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

10/26/2011

Cry-Tom, why are you ignoring the community? People have asked countless times for updates/answers. It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to make a separate thread for answers regarding why the community's request for information is being ignored and devote this one to why the glitches are being ignored.

If you don't have anything new to share with the community then get your ass on here like a man and say I don't have anything to share. Then explain to the community why you don't have anything to share and explain what you're doing to make sure the community's voice is heard.

My guess? You aren't doing anything and "community manager" is a fancy term for guy that moderates forums, posts useless crap to Twitter and responds to the community twice a year.

10/24/2011

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Crysis 2, too. I'd have been done with it a month ago if I could have just gotten my achievement and then put the game on the shelf.

People have been asking for answers and support for months and Crytek has been ignoring all requests for months other than to acknowledge that there is a problem. I cannot post any information on the e-mail campaign at this time because I believe that doing so may compromise its effectiveness. As soon as I feel that posting information relevant to it will either achieve maximum effectiveness, or will have a neutral effect, I will post details. For now I can say that it has begun and it will not involve community manager, Tom Ebsworth, as he has proven utterly useless in communicating issues involving the community with the development team.

For tonight though, there is not much else to add other than the following: Crytek, where are our answers? Cry-Tom, where are our updates? It's been 2 weeks since you said anything relevant to the "discussion". Let's hear what you have to say for yourself and what lame answer about how you guys like to poke each other internally that you can come up with tonight. If I know you guys, and I feel like I do at this JUNCTURE, it'll be no answer or an answer that goes nowhere - in the end, is there really a difference?

10/21/11

It is good to see the support this campaign is gaining! Every day I see new threads, new posts and new likes to my posts, all demanding Crytek at the very least acknowledge its community. If this continues they cannot ignore the issue forever! We will get this done.

Now, since I have been threatened by Cry-Tom, I have had to make changes regarding the way things are done. I cannot make new threads daily and that greatly limits the exposure and downplays the sense of frustration.

HOWEVER, I have devised a system which is almost as good. Each day I will update the topic title of this post so it appears fresh and new, which should help get more clicks. Additionally, I'll be updating my thread with an edit to the original post containing new information AND posting that same update as a reply to the thread. That means whether people click the title or click show last post they will receive the newest info! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Tom.

All has been quiet on the Twitter front for the past 2 days. Yesterday I only got around to sending 1 tweet but I did remember to use the hashtags #Crytek, #Homefront #Timesplitters as somewhat of a smear tactic. More tweets will be send out today. Again, for anyone who missed the info, I am tweeting the following accounts:

@Cry_Tom, @Crysis, @CRYTEK_TIAGO and @CryJR

The Next phase of the campaign will begin Monday, which is e-mailing letters to both Crytek and EA. I will post pre-written letters and e-mail addresses in a separate thread and link back to it here, since these are two different topics of discussion. That way anyone looking to send e-mails but not wanting to take the time to type them up and scour the web for e-mail addresses will be able to quickly and easily copy/paste to their e-mail client.

On a side note, it is a shame that I am having to resort to smearing the names of unreleased sequels and am being forced into not buying games I would otherwise pick up. I still want to be able to buy Crysis and the next Homefront and Timesplitters games (Timesplitters was the second PS2 game I ever bought and it was awesome), but since Crytek won't support or even acknowledge me, I must likewise not support them.

I think it's blatantly obvious what's going on. The movement to demand a fix for the Dedication achievement was gaining momentum as more and more people were encouraged by me to speak out. Cry_Tom, you found every excuse to lock and delete my threads to stop the complaining. If posts were abusive then remove the abusive posts! I don't think you'll find any of my posts abusive.

Nevertheless, I am undaunted. I will post again and again and again and again and again. Once per day. I said I was getting answers and come hell or high water that's what I'm gonna do. Once again I ask those of you who feel like I do about this issue or any other issue with the game, post here and tell Crytek, "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

I want to know the following:

1) Are there plans to fix the Dedication achievement glitch?

2) If yes, when?

3) If no, can you share any info as to what might be causing it and suggest a workaround?

4) Also if no, provide a list of all future titles developed by Crytek or other developers who have licensed CryEngine 3 so customers like myself can avoid them.

I STOP WHEN I GET ANSWERS AND NOT A SECOND BEFORE!

**KEYWORDS FOR GOOGLE SEARCH** (so others seeking answers can find these posts)
Crytek, Crap, Glitch, Grain, Bug, Garbage, Scam, Ripoff, Disgruntled, Dedication, Nanosuit, Consoles, Xbox, PS3, Buggy, Bad, Fix, Demand, CryEngine 3, Germany, UK, No Support, Patch, Homefront, Crysis, Timesplitters
Miss Hayley

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Cry_Tom, you found every excuse to lock and delete my threads to stop the complaining.

You are free to discuss any Crysis 2 related topics and any problems that you have - threads get deleted when they're made by the same person saying the exact same thing as another one.

If you want to have a discussion then keep it to one thread, this way multiple people can share their input. If you make multiple threads then apart from the spam, the quality of the discussion decreases significantly since everyone is posting in different places.
~Sylvia~

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:53 pm

That's one way to look at it, but it unfortunately it isn't the right way. People need fresh new titles to get their attention, they need information that's easy to get to and read. They don't need 20 pages of crap that no one wants to sort through to get answers. These are not discussion threads. I'm not asking for nor sharing opinions on a particular topic. I'm not looking for discussion. I'm looking for answers. These threads are reminders to the community and to Crytek that we need to keep looking for a fix to the glitch. Quality discussion is not important here, results are. And this is the best way to get them.
Rowena

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Seriously Crytek why don't you ban those who badmouth your game/request patches? If I had a game company and if I would run a forum I would ban everyone badmouthing my game and requesting patches. You shouldn't care about costumer feedback for a product that's nearly 8 months old, you got all your $$$ out of Crysis 2 so please focus on your upcoming titles. I too don't have the dedication trophy but I don't care because it will pop sooner or later.

Run a videogame company, don't run a forum. Neglect costumer asking for fixes for a 8 month old game.
Amiee Kent

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 am

I think they should at least merge the new maps with the original maps. I paid good money to play these maps but no one plays them. Do you have plans on doing this crytek??
Andrew Lang

Return to Crysis