is there any interest in a Fallout Online?

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Similiar to ESO but on the whole US map instead, is it even possible? there would have to be no killing other players for a start. How would it work?

April

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:25 pm

I voted maybe, as I'm undecided - with a tendency towards "no". MMO's have been rather unimaginative for quite some time now. Fetch quests, faction grinding, shallow story - I don't see how this could do the franchise any good.

It might sell, or it might not. ESO for example isn't exactly a money cow.

Dale Johnson

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 am

I've pretty much gotten past my MMO phase, and on the *rare* occasions I am in the mood, I go back to playing Everquest 2, which I love. I don't really have room for another MMO, so no. (And even then, Guild Wars 1/2 and finishing up storylines in SWTOR would take priority.)

Plus, I have a huge single-player backlog of games I'd rather be playing.

Adam Porter

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:24 am

There was a fun Fallout 2 mod that allowed for some very basic online play. Some members of the forums here actually came together and started a clan of sorts. I didn't get into it until the hype died down, but I liked it well enough. Though some of the other players could be very annoying.

As for an official Bethesda/Zenimax Fallout online game, hellllll no.
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Fallout and TES games just do not "translate" well into MMOs, in my opinion. Most single player games do not. The switch between "you are the focus" to "you are just one of thousands" loses the feel of the single player games quickly. What's the point of exploring when hundreds of players are coming back from the point you wish to explore? Dungeons, ruins, and buildings just are not the same when many players are in them, too. If you make everything "instanced", so that just the player goes in (or their party), what is the point of Massively Multi-Player?

Multi-player may be good, allowing friends to play the game together, but thousands of random people will destroy any atmosphere sought. I'm sure many players would love this iteration of Fallout, but I would pass :)

Darrell Fawcett

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:07 pm

We have a thread for discussing Fallout MMOs, and other types of multiplayer. http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1512524-fallout-multiplayer-discussion-thread/

MISS KEEP UR

Return to Fallout Series Discussion