Unofficial Patch Help?

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm trying to download the fallout unoffical patch for Steam, but I get these errors when I try to install it under Program Files x86 -> Steam -> SteamApps -> Common -> Fallout 2.

For some reason I don't have permission to post links so I wrote it all out here.

The Folder: Fallout 2 already exists. Would you like to install to that folder anyway?

Second error: Fallout 2 appears to have been installed in the c:\program files directory. Installing in this directory under the version of Windows detected on your system can cause many unexpected problems. Please reinstall the game in a different directory and run the Unoffical Patch installer again.

I don't think it will still work for Steam if I change the location of the directory though.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:44 am

Can you just skip past that warning? It's only a problem installing games in program files if you don't have full control over the game's folder security permissions. I just set my user to have full control of the steam's folder along with everything inside to save me the trouble of doing for each game.

If windows allows you to change files in there you should be fine as is.

Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 pm

no, I can't skip past the warning. how do I get full control over the game's folder security permissions?

Justin

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 pm

It's in the folder's properties under the security tab.

Andrew Tarango

Return to Fallout Series Discussion