FO:NV Ultimate Edition won't launch after pressing Play.

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:58 pm

I just bought FO:NV Ultimate Edition from Steam, downloaded and installed it with no issues until I tried to start the game.

When I clicked the Steam 'Play' button it took me to a launcher that assesed my hardware and selected a suitable video configuration, then when I clicked the launcher's 'Play' button it automatically closed the launcher and didn't start the game. I checked the steam status and it went from Running -> Syncing --> Idle (nothing). No error messages, no prompt.

So far I've tried:

• Verifying the game cache

• Deleting the .ini files and verifying game cache

• Run in compatibility mode

• Run as administrator

• Run from the local folder files

• Reinstalling the C++ and DirectX redistributions from the 'redist' folder

• Clean reinstall

• Disabling the GPU acceleration and using the Intel HD4400 iGPU on lowest settings/resolution.

All of them to no avail, I'm out of options and growing quite frustrated.

If it helps. my system specs are:

• i3 4170

• 8 GB RAM

• GTX 750 Ti

• More than enough space on SSD and HDD

I know it's not quite the powerhouse but it should run FO:NV no problems from what I've read. I've never had such a problem with any Steam game.

Thanks in advance, I'll be awaiting your answer.

casey macmillan

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

IMPORTANT

I just managed to fix this issue: for some reason there wasn't a MyDocuments folder for New Vegas to save user files (it was linked to an inexistant folder). So I edited the registry key 'Personal' on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and linked it to an actual existing folder on my HDD. Now it works wonders!

I'm leaving this here for anyone having such an issue, which should be rare because it was definitely an error on my end.

Cheers.

JESSE

Return to Fallout: New Vegas