GECK Wiki Information

Post » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 am

As was brought up 4 days ago by ZuTheSkunk, the GECK wiki is down, and has been down for at or close to a week at the time of this writing. Myself and many others who are still invested in modding for the older games would like to know if this is a permanent outage, or if the wiki and it's information will be back. If the wiki is merely being updated to contain new information regarding Fallout 4, and will continue to contain the information about Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, that's fine. We're worried that the update to Fallout 4 information will also wipe all of the data from previous games. This would be a devastating loss to these older modding communities, which are still active.

The wiki represented not only a repository of official documentation, but had been updated over the years to contain many helpful tips not found elsewhere. It had also, in the past few years, seen a marked uptick in new content as development started heavily on additional script functions provided by users. These functions are not currently documented anywhere else, and the loss of any information about them is detrimental to the modding community both existing and future.

This outage would be more acceptable if it had been accompanied by any kind of announcement of upgrades or changes, or if we'd been given a chance to make backups of the data. It's worrying that this was done without any kind of update, that the site remains blank at this time, and that so far no indication has been made that the existing material will be kept intact.

We're asking for information on this, Bethesda. Please let your loyal fans know what's going on here!

Michael Korkia

Post » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:00 am

*I add myself to the list of those worried*

Leonie Connor

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 pm

It's been down for about a week as far as I can tell, It's concerning.

Amy Masters

Post » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:35 am

Having the GECK pages down for more than a week makes me very uneasy about Bethesda's intentions toward modmaking for FO3 FNV. They would be wise to tell us what's going on.

Hearts

Return to Fallout: New Vegas