Does Bethesda check the Fallout 4 wiki for bugs? Examples -

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:42 am

There are a ton of bug reports over at fallout.wikia.com. I recognize it would take some time to peruse the site to find all the bug sections, but it might be worth your while since many hundreds if not thousands of member contribute and post and verify bugs for all platforms. For example -

1. Damage resistance is calculated incorrectly for energy weapons, as is likely critical damage. As of version 1.1 the paper damage for energy weapons is calculated without using the rifleman perk. So damage resistance ignores the rifleman perk, and critical damage I believe also ignores the rifleman perk. I haven't seen that this has been corrected under any of the release notes, so please excuse me if it has been corrected and I just missed it. We can update the wiki accordingly.

2. Having the live-target HUD mod for your power armor helmet turns NPCs hostile immediately. Same as berry mentats.

3. Level 4 vendors are bugged and won't stay at assigned settlements. This includes all the level 4 merchants except Vault-tec rep. They either stay at the location you found them, never show up at the settlement, or mysteriously disappear from settlements. Using various console commands can temporarily fix some of these issues. Also Ron Staples' inventory is bugged - he checks to see if he is assigned to a general store instead of a restaurant, so you can't get his level 4 inventory.

4. The big settlement bug where when you leave via fast travel the statistics become incorrect e.g. number of beds, water, food,defense fall to small numbers or even 0, and happiness at that settlement starts to go down rapidly. Can sometimes be avoided by walking out of the settlement some distance then fast traveling. This does not always solve the problem.

5. Another settlement bug - if the original plants growing in a settlement are damaged during a fight, they can not be repaired. They will consume the proper resource, i.e. a tato to fix a tato plant, but the plant will remain broken. This only appears to happen to original crops; new crops planted after taking over do not seem to have this problem. I believe console commands can help to solve this by disabling and re-enabling the plant, but I'm not positive.

The list goes on and on and includes many, many smaller bugs. It would be great if the test folks could take the time to check it out, it's fairly well documented and tested by the community.

And I just found the search box so I can see if these bugs have been posted otherwise. My apologies if these are known, but my point remains.

Stacyia

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:15 pm

I doubt it, as the wikis are notorious for having bugs listed that are either a) not reproducible, B) not a bug related to the game but their system/setup/settings, and c) are actually due to mods.

Edit: The wikis have never been a reliable source for bug tracking in the 8 or so years I have been on these forums.

[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Sad thing is that's total bs. I suffered through broken skyrim playthroughs because they took years to fix bugs that were on the wiki since the first week. Same thing for f3 and NV. Weird how the reddit mod community found and fixed all the bugs a multibillion dollar company can't.
Arnold Wet

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm

@Iriodus - It might be you need to stop by some wikis again. Yes, there are plenty of non-reproducible bugs, however the bugs are marked if they have been verified, and really most aren't related to system specs. See the examples I put at the top; none of those are spec related and are definitely reproducible, known bugs.

Izzy Coleman

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Still a Wiki is not reliable even it has been verified since what is the process for verification that it is a bug. Is it just another random person which could be the first person posting it. Also the bug might have been fixed. Also quite often some of the bugs might just be a visual bug not showing the information on the tool tip but it is in fact still working as it supposed to be.

Tracey Duncan

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 pm

@Erzherzoghans - I understand what you're saying, but there are curators that go through to clean up items that aren't really bugs and to request verification of new bugs. Granted a person could verify their own bug, but I don't think that happens all that often. If a bug isn't verified in a specific period, it's marked and such and will theoretically be deleted if enough time passes.

My question - has anyone actually looked at the bugs I posted? People have been saying the wikis are not reliable, but just look at the bugs I've listed and tell me what you think. I would love to know if these have been fixed already, but as far as I can tell, they have not. And you can see that these are reproducible and aren't system specific problems. There are a ton more like these, I suppose I could just start listing them all here, but I don't want to spam the board with a bunch of bugs when documentation already exists.

Marlo Stanfield

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 pm

Well, WHY would they even check wiki? Serious question. That's for what tech forum here and spamming support's email is for.

By checking wiki they only know that someone had a bug and that's it - no info about specs, system, mods, NOTHING. So why would that be reliable for them?

Budgie

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm going to stop defending the idea of going to the wikis for bug information; it has merit but may not be perfect.

I would just like people to look at the bugs I posted. I know they're PC setup agnostic, so there is no need to post PC specs. I know because I'm an engineer and can recognize the difference between a bug that might be PC specific and one that is more broadly applied. So we can skip the discussion about posting PC specs because they're not necessary. And if you want to argue the point, I can't say anything more than I know these bugs don't need it.

Yama Pi

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 am

Never said that they didn't have valid bugs on the wikis, a fair share of them were reproducible, but most I find were related to a persons setup or were caused by mods.

Ebou Suso

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Then things have improved with Fallout 4, I'll give you that, but what exactly constitutes "verified"?

On another note, sometimes certain things reported, I found, were not strictly bugs, but were oversights (Which I don't classify as a bug) or actually intended behaviour.

Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:22 am

@Irodius - verified at the least means that a user other than the original submitter has also found the same bug. Often it means that at least one other person has found the bug and has also posted a workaround, using either console commands or gameplay suggestions to solve the problem, or at least mitigate it.

I agree, there are quite a few bugs that are one-offs or rig-specific that get added to the wiki. However, like I mentioned, there are folks that go through and look for these types of bugs and either remove them or maybe even try to reproduce them. New ones are always being added, so it's a constant process to keep the bugs list clean, but people are trying.

I think what I need to do is create a new post so that folks will just look at the bugs I posted instead of coming to see what we're talking about with wikis.

Shae Munro

Return to Fallout 4