Bug report: 6 bugs found, system independent

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Find below 6 bugs which I've found that have been verified by multiple other sources and are known to not depend upon the system that is running the game.

1. Damage resistance is calculated incorrectly for energy weapons, as is critical damage. As of version 1.1.30, the paper damage for energy weapons is calculated without using the rifleman perk. So energy resistance ignores the rifleman perk, and critical damage also ignores the rifleman perk.

2. Having the live-target HUD mod for your power armor helmet turns NPCs hostile immediately. Same as berry mentats.

3. Level 4 vendors are bugged and won't stay at assigned settlements. This includes all the level 4 merchants except Vault-tec rep. They either stay at the location you found them, never show up at the settlement, or mysteriously disappear from settlements. Using various console commands can temporarily fix some of these issues.

4. Also Ron Staples' inventory is bugged - he checks to see if he is assigned to a general store instead of a restaurant, so you can't get his level 4 inventory.

5. The big settlement bug where when you leave via fast travel the statistics in your pip-boy become incorrect e.g. number of beds, water, food,defense fall to small numbers or even 0, and happiness at that settlement starts to go down rapidly. Can sometimes be avoided by walking out of the settlement some distance then fast traveling. This does not always solve the problem. People have suggested a variety of fixes, such as removing all TVs, putting rugs under beds, etc. I can say that at least coincidentally this problem started happening to me after I moved a TV from one house to another in Sanctuary.

6. Another settlement bug - if the original plants growing in a settlement are damaged during a fight, they can not be repaired. They will consume the proper resource, i.e. a tato to fix a tato plant, but the plant will remain broken. This only appears to happen to original crops; new crops planted after taking over do not seem to have this problem. I believe console commands can help to solve this by disabling and re-enabling the plant, but I'm not positive.

Please let me know if there is a better way to submit bugs. I know you want my rig info, but as an engineer I know you don't need that info for these bugs; I can include it in other bugs that seem system dependent. I also saw that thread that was trying to unify all bug reporting, but I'm not sure how often that thread is checked and if it even holds enough weight to bother adding my stuff to it. And I suppose I'll have no idea if this is ever brought to developers' attention and I guess I will have to live with that. Thanks for your time.

Michelle davies

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:02 am

Damn I have #4 all over. My Sanctuary is a collection of bugs masquerading as settlers. Right now I have assigned 3 settlers to a restaurant, trader and armor shop. They are all gone. Sanctuary still shows 20 folk, but they never show up to these kiosks, and if I assign a different settler to any one of them, all of my food production disappears. I'm at a loss how code like this ships. Or what to do about it.

electro_fantics

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:56 am

It is best to report the bugs directly to Bethesda support site.

Better yet just use this thread to report any new bugs http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1544248-bug-report-index-pc/

hannah sillery

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks. I have no clue steps to repeat this, but what the heck, maybe reporting it will be useful somehow. Just in case someone googles their way into this thread later, I did figure out a fix. Stored all of my shops in the workshop to break the connection to the missing settlers, save, load, put shops back, assign settlers.

Chica Cheve

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:42 pm

That can be fixed http://i.imgur.com/y918uyo.png.

Gemma Flanagan

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Ugh, okay, I found the link to submit a bug to bethesda. It's kinda funky that one has to go through this process for every bug encountered. And it svcks for them since they probably have to root through tons of false-positives and nonsense bugs being submitted constantly. I don't want to use the existing thread because I'm worried that any new bugs will get lost in all that noise.

@fireundubh - luckily I'm comfortable enough with xedit that I can make my own mod to fix Ron. It's a shame that we have to do it, it looks like such an easy fix on their end.

GLOW...

Return to Fallout 4