Eye Bot Station?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:50 am

I have the blueprints for this thing, but don't see it to build when in building mode. Where is it at?

Note I did put the blueprints in a chest where I put all my other misc. items. Do I need to have it on my person?

Thanks.

NEGRO

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 am

It's in the special category with the artillery and robot workbench. You don't need to have the blueprint in your possession as long as you picked it up in the mechanists room.
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 am

You also need to be outdoors to build it, I think. Home Plate and Mechanist Lair won't have it as an option.

Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:22 am

Trying to build it at Red Rocket and apparently that place is full anyway.

I'll check again in the special items and see if I can do that trick (whatever it was) to expand the number of items I can build (assuming the last patch still lets you do that).

Gwen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:06 am

If you mean dropping weapons on the ground and scrapping them, it still works! :)

Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:26 am

Yup, only works in outside settlements. Is kinda cool, you send an Eyebot to search for some stuff. But he doesn't pick it up, only indicates where it is...

jaideep singh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:56 pm

If he picked it up and brought it back it might have been worth the 6 power to use the thing. Or if the stash he found was a shipment of 25 or something. Marking 2 units of ceramic and asking me to fight my way through a Super Mutant-infested hospital just to pick them up in some cabinet at the top of the building, when I picked up tons of other salvage (including loads of cups and plates) along the way, is just silly.

Robyn Howlett

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Don't waste your resources building one. The resource / ammo "reward" is just plain insulting.

Good idea with a horrible result. Needs tweaking.

Jesus Duran

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Sending it out to seek aluminium netted me 2 pieces after I fought through Gunners Plaza......okay I looted more than that through looting the building as well but seems like a waste really since I could have gotten the same result looting a random building, it didn't even go to one of the fish packing plants to show you a good source of aluminium.

Seems like a lost opportunity to me, hell they could have automated it so you use eyebots to find resources and robot gathers to bring back the loot to your base.

I expected that I would be getting a device to point out some good sources of raw materials for the robot building and instead I got this rather pointless thing.

Steph

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 am

If it functioned as a simple scavenging station, just with your choice of material (or, let's face it, even without the ability to choose material), it would have been wonderful and I'd have happily spent the 6 power to keep the eyebot floating about. As it is, releasing it just clutters up your journal.

Adrian Morales

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

I feel this may get patched later on down the road. It's a cool object, and it has the potential to be an awesome feature, but you're resource heavy at the time you build it, and the power source (really, 6 power?) you may spend more on resources than you'll get back. This is especially true if you are using a bare minimum character (level 15) where you haven't built a decent pile of scrap and you're still trying to invest primarily in damage and other important perks, rather than charisma perks, better prices and supply lines, where resource investment gets easier.
Katey Meyer

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:08 pm

I use my eyebot to locate Ballistic fiber. I get a bit of extra fiber and a radiant quest by deploying that eyebot. I just wish the list of components would include gold, but I'm happy with that extra ballistic weave it finds. :)

Red Rocket station is my Robot workshop, so yea, I've build that eyebot station there as well.

Richard Thompson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:50 am

Well I did have to 'tweak' the build size of Red Rocket and added it there. Also added two more Wind Gens to power it (I like silent power). Sent it off to find Fusion Cores and I got the message that it found it in some lake. I haven't gone to get it yet though.

I figure the amount of items retreived really isn't worth it all (it does need tweaked) but just for something interesting to do I'm doing it. Plus it may lead me to somewhere I haven't been to yet.

Hairul Hafis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Maybe a Power Armor location?

I'll have to try that although my character that has completed the DLC has 70+ Fusion Cores so I'm not exactly desperate for some.

Leonie Connor

Return to Fallout 4