About Evil gameplay (minimal spoilers)

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Is there anything coming where you can basicly be clearly evil. Like 90% game is settlement simulation and rescue someone from somewhere. Like garvey became meme because its so laughable. This is fallout game and game is forced to 98% time as jesus of wasteland. Let me help you and rescue your friends. Let me build anything where you life and let me kill raiders, super mutans and nature. Where is something like slavery or something where you gain sometype reaction and gain. Now you only gain from good gameplay. Like raiding off non allied settlements bring nothing like shooting shop keeper as there are no times visible or something. As they living is more valuable than dead.

While i like this building stuff and crafting system even more when fighting rings happen. But this game is to limited now it dosent feel fallout game. Like skyrim had more faction based potential than this. Also i could say there you can be lot more evil than here and people atlest react to you. While i get story way why this game is made around you beeing sanity of pre war world. But it still limits to mush.

Like mechanist is basicly in the end female garvey who can give you robot stuff.

Haley Cooper

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:50 pm

You can raid settlements though: kill everyone in it and the settlement becomes yours (I think only Bunker Hill is protected because it is important for MQ). No need to ally with the Minutemen at all.

sam westover

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:24 pm

True. But still you are basicly building boston back to formed glory.

jessica breen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:15 am

Not really. You don't HAVE to have settlers there. Any settlement you make yours can have 0 settlers. And it seems once WW comes out, we'll be able to throw settlers into the arena and make them fight. You could also take on the mantle of the Mechanist yourself and have all of your settlements contain your robots.

Teghan Harris

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 am

Then ignore rebuilding, that's also your choice. Kill everyone, scrap all food and water and leave the settlement dead.

Additionally, rebuilding doesn't make you a good guy (Enclave, Ceasar and House are rebuilders but neither can be called goodies), just like how killing everyone doesn't make you evil (it makes you a psycho). RAn evil person will rebuild because it makes them stronger, not because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy.

Micah Judaeah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:02 am

Coming from someone with a 100+ hour playthrough with 0 in settlement building, you're just throwing random numbers around to pretend like your opinion is fact. 90% of the game is settlement building? Uhhhh ok. YOU choose how you play. You don't have to save anyone you don't want to. Waste em all if you want. You couldn't slave anyone in NV either. You could side with the Legion but you did no slaving yourself. And even Paradise Falls in 3, you were just working for someone

Minako

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 pm

True. But gameplay dosent really variants lot from that. This game feels like to mush builded around settlement system. Like tell me what can your settlers do other than defend and build resourses for you. Like food is super important for building like rest of stuff. While feeling of be king or something like that dosent happen at all. So that pretty mush ends in that "Enclave, Ceasar and House are rebuilders but neither can be called goodies)" stuff, Yea soon comes fighting pits but that aint main thing what makes you evil.

laila hassan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 am

nope , no evil stuff , ... maybe u can say u sided with the institute but they are , no quests to kidnap people for infiltration or FEV research

we keep saying " introduce a raider faction " let it battle it out against other factions ... what did they do ? ->far harbour , i mean it doesn't even have any connection to the main story

Nice one

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:16 am

Outside of the apology that was Broken Steel, none of Beth or Obs DLC was related back into the main story

Just because a small group of people voice the want for "a raider faction" doesn't mean you're going to get it. You'll likely see mods for evil stuff before you see Beth really add it in any DLC. It wouldn't fit

Lovingly

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:10 am

Well it is minimally 75% building settlement as game rewards best in that. Like you get major resourses from it and it lets you gain money and XP best. While rest of game quest are just rescuing someone or bring one item for someone. While in fallout 3 gave even slighest changes in story or events. In this game you kill settlement just clears it also typically helping them gives more than doing other does. Like speaking to vault 81 kids at school gives you book. What will you get you ignore her once atlest this happend to me. You cannot do that quest if you denie it and you dont get buffs. Like its lot more profitable for helping them as they typically give more than clearly killing them. There is no boxed where you can loot all his stuff from shop menus, No different type of missions like fallout new vegas has more story based guest. Like plant vault effected lore larger scale or even had different ending. Also XP gain is greater in quest doing way that clearly killing all.

So basicly it is good guy simulation and town building. As capitalist perspective its most helpfull to help them and do their guest than kill all. As killing them just makes you either ignore place totally or build there. As some settlemets have shops and you dont get shops if you dont have perks on charisma while name NPC have normal shops there.

Queen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:19 am

It doesnt stop people from asking. Also i dont think you have tittle to say who can get who will not get. Its up to devs.

Sabrina garzotto

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 am

Again, making up numbers out of the blue. You can absolutely do an entire "no settlement" playthrough and have tons of content. It's on YOU to play how you want to. Beth doesn't force any of it upon you. Your grammar gives me difficulty in commenting on most of the other stuff since I can't understand what you're trying to say half the time. There's plenty of varied quests in the game that related to saving someone or settlements. You're generalizing the game based on your seemingly very narrow experience with it.

Sure, but given their history and already announced DLC, it'd be a very very big departure for them to just randomly throw in a raider faction. They'd have to change a number of different aspects of the game to accompany that.

Maya Maya

Return to Fallout 4