Supply Line strategy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 am

Here is what I did:

1) Fast traveled around my settlements looking for provisioners. When I found one I.....

a) reassigned them to food or defense. Then I "Moved" them to another settlement.

2) Repeated this until I could not find any more provisioners, active anywhere.

NOTE: They will retain the name "Provisioner" but show their new assignments (or unassigned if just moved)

3) Then I "Moved" one provisioner to each settlement. When this was done, I.......

4) Reassigned each provisioner to a route from their new "home" to the next closest settlement listed as an option for them when assigning them a trade route.

A little convoluted, I know, but it seemed like the best option, and it seems to have worked.

The trade route "ring" appears as you would expect. The people have not all visually shown up in their new homes yet, and the old routes have not disappeared yet either, but I am told that this may take a little time. I have been told that it takes time for them to travel, and for the abandoned routes to be seen as "broken."

Mashystar

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:55 am

Most of my old routes are still there after about a week, bloody infuriating. Can't tell if it's interfering with the supply line or what, but a few of my settlements are bugged out.

Brooke Turner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Someone on the Nexusmods forum made a mod that sets up all of one's provisioners as quest targets!

1. I loaded up "Where are My Provisioners": http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7835/?

2. I used the console command sqt (Show Quest Target) which gave me all of those provisioners' FormIDs.

3. One by one, I used FormID.moveto player to bring them to me.

4. I then reassigned each one's settlement, then assigned them to a scavenging bench, removing them as Provisioners.

All in all, I reassigned all 28 provisioners that I had assigned, until I had none left.

But... I still had 8 other routes on the map! With no provisioners running them! And the lines worked as intended: scrap from one workbench was available to the connecting location's workbench.

So... I give up. I have 8 free supply connections that ostensibly aren't being taken up by an actual settler, so I should be happy I guess, but still. So I reloaded to before I did all of that and got back to building robots.

natalie mccormick

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Make it like one big river with veins. From one to the next.

Not hubs, or rings, or stars.

Each settlement should have one line from the one before and one line to the next unless it is at the end of the line.

Toby Green

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:05 pm

I'm not sure how true the no food an water, no attack thing is, because for some reason I get a notice to defend Sunshine trading co-op, which confused me because I have nothing there nothing I tore that place down and ran off with the junk so there's no food no water and no settlers, nothing. I have never sent any settler there, but somehow without a recruitment beacon that settlement had acquired 2 settlers and now they needed defending, and I know they where new because when I talked to them they said they came because of the beacon which there is none. I have had this happen on 3 different occasions and just sent them to my main settlement.

Also is it possible to have every settlement a hub with supply lines going to every settlement from every settlement? Imagine the chaos of provisoners going everywhere and what the supply line map would look like with lines covering your entire map.

Melung Chan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:31 pm

My supply lines are set up as per http://i.imgur.com/q8C7qN0.jpg image. All of my provisioners travel relatively short distances to their destination, and most settlements have only a single provisioner. 4 have 2 provisioners, as per the 'junction points' seen in the image, and 5 are destinations only, which are the settlements at the end of each respective 'pathway'. This system takes into account the relative danger level of each new settlement as it is discovered, which is very useful as the entire network was created without using fast travel. This means that my system should work well with the new Survival Mode overhaul.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my supply line network originates at Sanctuary, and then branches out as per the above image as I discover/acquire each new settlement.

Cool Man Sam

Previous

Return to Fallout 4