Learning what does doesn't work in Automatron the hard way..

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 am

So after I beat the main quest, *no spoilers* and I had unlocked all available robot mods, I started to tinker around with robots. After being amazed at how in-depth it was, I started making some ludicrous robots. First, I created "Reaper-17" something straight out of a horror film, like something from "The Bone Snatcher." Have you seen that assaultron with the skull face in the loading screens? Built that too, and it worked amazingly! However... "The Fatman" did not work so well. Robobrain tracks with armor to make it look like a tank with a mine plow in front, one of those last sentry body options, no arms, and a skull effigy backpack with two mini-nuke launchers and a sentry voice. It was basically a moving artillery cannon... That would shoot enemies, no matter where they were... Even if they were standing directly next to me... The Fatman, cool in concept, bad in execution, lol. I was even able to make the robot from Borderlands, the one that Gage uses. They even had the same clawed wing things like he had as an option. While cool, he could only carry like 130 pounds, lol. What about you guys? I'd love to see some pictures. I would have posted some pictures of my failed experiments, but they're still processing, so it'll be a few hours. Got some amazing shots of Reaper-17 laser face blasting a Vertibird out of the air.

?Edit: Apparently the little "&" symbol didn't stick when making the thread title inbetween does and doesn't. Blasted mobile phone....

Robert Devlin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Can any of you explain to me how the lockpicking works?

I created a new character only for this DLC, and I don't want my character to focus on lockpicking I was planning to have my robot do that for me, but after I crafted the mod for it, I ask my assaultron to open a locked door, but nothing happens. I do that with Cait and she does open locks, so what am I doing wrong?

Btw, This DLC is awesome, I will show you s pic just like you ask:

http://i.imgur.com/QvUDcDF.png

My level is not high enough to craft the better mods yet, but this one is powerful still, it solos normal deathclaws, and it completly wipes maps. I created a Nerd character who's invested all in science and craftings, and so far I don't even need to risk myself. My robot does all the job, it's almost perfect except for the fact that I still don't know how to pick locks.

Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Select the companion robot with the lockpick/hack perk/mod installed and then move the cursor to the thing you want unlocked. Like assigning someone to something.

Not sure if they'll open any master ones.

Casey

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:25 am

I just tested it again in another lock and it works thanks. It seems my robot was simply unable to reach it.

james kite

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:48 am

I got it this morning and I'm not very far yet but so far I have Ada modded with a rapid laser, shock beam, Mr Handy bottom, and Robobrain head with a light blue paintjob. She's quiet, calm, and effecient like the character using her. I also have a Mr Handy Medicbot in the main settlement.
Multi Multi

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 am

Nope, it failed again.

I tried 1 door many times, then I went back and re-attached the lockpicking mod to test if it worked and it did. I think my problem is that every time I modify my robot the lockpicking resets.

Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:07 pm

It may only have a chance of working, like Nick and cait
Natalie J Webster

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Oh, God! You can kit them with double Fatmans?

I'm going to have to have just one settlement with only 'bots as defenders, a fast-travel marker VERY high up out of the line of fire, and dozens of purifiers to run up the resources and encourage attacks..... jus pray for attacks and sit back and watch the show!

Jack Bryan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

I don't think that's the case, the robot doesn't even try to open the doors. It simply doesn't respond.

Tamika Jett

Return to Fallout 4