Legendary versions of the new Automatron weaponsarmor?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:45 pm

They are, but should be ok on provisioners, I think.

Harinder Ghag

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Good point. I came here to say that. I also found another Assaultron Blade in a Legendary Rust Devil (but the legendary item was other).

Melly Angelic

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm

An oversight maybe. Perhaps they will patch this in at a later date.

Roddy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Wonder if they view these threads. Would svck if they didnt add legendary robot armor.

Shae Munro

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:00 pm

tbh I don't think this will be patched, i think it was intentional no new weapons or armor will have the legendary prefix.

Steve Bates

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 am

I wonder why they'd do that? Don't most people run around with a full set of legendary armor past a certain point? Makes you wonder why they'd go through the difficulty of skinning and modeling these new weapons and armor if they're just always going to be sub-par to the quality of gear people are already running with. Only thing I can think is that this DLC so far seems geared towards lower level characters -- I hope Far Harbor is the opposite.

Madeleine Rose Walsh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Well people were already pissed that the legendary system exists in the first place, i love it myself but i'm in the minority. People think the legendary system removes the whole basis of unique loot from the game and this dlc gives plenty of unique weapons or armor with 0 legendary effect so to me that seems like it's benefitting those people who love unique hand place loot.

IM NOT EASY

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:23 pm

I think its more complicated then people hating the system. Its people hating certain types of legendary, and them getting rid of ammo types to do it.

Then there is the whacky element of some of the legendary. Medics fatman? +10 plasma damage 10mm guns? Things like that belong in a wild wasteland, hand placed drops.

Marilú

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Damn, i hope not.

Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Some legendary drops should be left out, more simple system with less weapons / armor. Not every legendary ones should drop something, but once they do, they drop something that kind of make sense. I have 5x different kinds of legendary fat mans, no sense to have +10 bleed or more damage against mirelurks. I do understand if someone uses legendary knives or swords. Rolling pins not. If we get legendary drops for use on robots I fear that 80% drops will be useless. Bethesda have to change the whole system, even drops humans can use.

Cheers,

-Klevs

Luis Longoria

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 pm

i don't think it's that complicated this forum in particular, since i came back chatting with people after 2 years, were very adamant over the legendary system taking over the role of unique handplaced loot. I disagreed but i'm in the minority. There's little handplaced loot especially if you're one of those fans coming from new vegas, but they're more randomized loot from legendaries(as part of taking inspiration from borderlands or diablo).

If the unique armor had some different prefixes like "Cloak Field with 10% chances of bullets bouncing off of you" that'd be pretty boss or other prefixes that isn't with the legendary system people wouldn't have mind.

The ammo that New Vegas had was just terrible because barely anyone used it. It's simply a better design to have unique prefixes that does what that ammo does.

Also there's no Medic prefix in the game, the only time you see medic on a weapon is from PC users using the console commands and placing it there. If you look around the web you'll find out this prefix was left out before launch. And with all the countless farming console gamers have done no one found it. So that example is just a poor one.

But what's wrong with a plasma 10mm pistol?

Kaley X

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:30 pm

This may seem a little off topic, but I have noticed that scrapping the new weapons yields zero resources even with scrapper two. This may play into why you might not find legendary variants of the new weapons. They could possibly not be integrated into the game like the other weapons.
maddison

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:20 pm

So replace medic, with basically any of the prefixes. Poison damage? Ice? None of it makes any sense.

Whats wrong with a 10mm gun, firing a normal 10mm round doing some plasma damage? It makes no sense whats-so-ever. How does the gun get the plasma damage? Magic?

I could handle it, if it was a gun with some sort of lore attached to it -- So you can handwave the oddness of it(a certain tooth in this game was well done). As it stands, its like they turned on wild wasteland on new vegas, and cut out anything funny, just leaving jarring bits behind.

edit: To put it another way, I don't want magic in this game. If you have to take a look at an item, and ask how does this work? And the reply is "magic!" then they failed, and failed hard.

Connie Thomas

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:51 pm

It's not magic, it's calculated science.

As far as wild wasteland goes that was one of the worst traits in the game on new vegas, most things were too obscure for people to recognize and the only thing people used it for was to get the alien blaster. I kinda wished Alien Blaster and the unique Gauss Rifle YCS/186 were just in the vanilla game standard and leave the WW stuff out completely.

^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

This is just poor job done by the developer.

Very poor..... unbelievably poor...

Your Mum

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:16 am

I also noticed the Assaultron Sword or Blade is pretty crap. I mean it's 28 attack with 10-12 electrical? Come on at least add another mod to have it hit 40

Siobhan Thompson

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 am

Agree. Even with all the awesome content this DLC gave us, the weapons were lackluster at best. Even the two weapons that they tried to get us all hot over fell way short of expectations. They may make nice collectibles, but I don't see myself using them anytime sooner or later.
Hussnein Amin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:46 pm

legendary weapons and armor was a great change because bethesda svcks at designing unique weapons. They always made them underpowered, rng creates better items and allows for customization of appearance.
Philip Lyon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 pm

I haven't found any yet. My guess is that there probably aren't legendary versions of them, but it is entirely possible. There are literally thousands of different possible combinations for legendary drops, so it may take a while to find them if it's possible. I've encountered various legendary versions of the robots from Automatron, but they just dropped items that were already in the game.

How is anyone here supposed to know? This is in the general discussion area and makes absolutely no mention of specific platforms. I'm on PC, and if someone suggests a mod to me, I take it as useful advice. There's no way for us to know that you aren't on PC if you don't tell us. And in any case, I think it's still useful to say "there's a mod for that" with the assumed knowledge of the fact that console players know they'll be getting mods before too much longer. It might not be an immediate solution, but it's a solution that can be incorporated sometime down the line.

мistrєss

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 pm

The point Roachor was saying is that we shouldn't be relying on mods to add these things in.

Teghan Harris

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm

If someone is asking about the game and your answer involves using the console or mods, neither of those is part of the base game. That and it's a meaningless answer because everyone already knows they exist.
Jack Moves

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 am

Actually console *is* part of the base game. It just got cut out on the console platform. As for everyone *knowing* mods, that is a very odd thing to say. New ground is constantly being broken in modding, what didn't exist one week, may well exist in the next, and only on one or two different websites.

Bellismydesi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Neither exist for 2/3 of players and the console is a dev tool left accessible to players, it is not part of the game.

The reason saying either thing is stupid and obnoxious is it literally applies to any situation and assumes the person making the complaint is completely ignorant.
Angelina Mayo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm

It's not cut out of the home console platform it's simply turned off. If a mod comes and activates it I can guarantee you people wouldn't really complain much anymore but you're still missing the point roachor was saying. Stop bringing up Mods and Console Commands as solutions. It's dumb and doesn't solve ANYTHING

Jade Barnes-Mackey

Previous

Return to Fallout 4