My iron walk - John Rambo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:37 pm

After playing for more than 100 hours i understood a few things.

- At a certain point the game becomes too easy if you take the full advantages the game allows you.

- By sticking to 1 certain weaponry - melee / sniping / automatic you restrain yourself in many encounters.

- There is no issue what so ever with health / rad / ammo.

I decided to create myself this challenge

1. Survival mode

2. No crossair (must use aim to actually aim)

3. No power armor (exp rad zones, allowed to collect them for fun)

4. What you find is what you use:

- No buying

- No new crafting of weapon / armor (allowed to remove mods from scavenge weapons and reassemble them)

5. No fast traveling

The character in my mind: John Rambo based upon

- Master of weapons: sniping rifles, automatic weapons and explosives (perks: Rifleman, Commando, Demolition Expert)

- Highly resilient to damage and torture (perks: Toughness, Chem Resistant)

- Sneaky when can be (perks: Locksmith, Sneak, Action boy, Ninja)

- Doesn't associate with others much (low Charisma, favorite companion: Dog Meat)

- Educated in the university of life (low Intelligence, Idiot Savant, Awareness)

- Highly lucky ;)

Starting Allocation:

- 1 Strength

- 5 Perception

- 4 Endurance

- 1 Charisma

- 1 Intelligence

- 7 Agility

- 9 Luck

General note regard character build

I think heavy gunner also fits this character but, the price of 4 Str is too high. Also carrying

those big guns all the time just ain't practical to a drifter like Rambo. He probably will occasionally

use a heavy weapon if found, but will toss it right away after use.

Preferred faction, the Minutemen. as a loner, helping remote farms is most to his liking. Also to be ranked General is nice.

how solid

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:25 pm

I have nothing to add but this useless FYI. Rambo is a variety of apple, thats where the author got the name.

Javier Borjas

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

And...if memory serves me...there was a real John Rambo that was actually a draft-dodger that ran to Canada instead of going to Vietnam. (lol)
Katy Hogben

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Or we can wait and hope that the new Survival is a really badass Survival mode and not meter maiding. You here me Bethesda.

Yeah OP, any Bethesda game build you put thought into and select complementary perks gets OP at later levels. What I found out in Skyrim was that if you try to make a generalist class (I thought of him as a Bard), they are really weak and svck. Had to stop playing the character because I was tired of getting slapped around by a saber cat at a high level.

A Boy called Marilyn

Return to Fallout 4