Entered glowing sea

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 pm

At level 40. As it turns out I have managed to adequately prepare for it from ingame hints alone. I got a full suit of power armor with 1600+ radiation resistance. And then fully upgraded Gauss Rifle.

All those deathclaws lol. Not a single one managed to land a hit on me so far, luckily. I do not want to find myself without my power armor in such a place.

But the best thing about glowing sea, Fallout 4 finally became fun like Fallout 3 was for me. I got reminded of how exciting exploring the capitol in Fallout 3 because of the glowing sea.

That fun was missing from Fallout New Vegas and Most of what I have seen in Fallout 4 so far.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:57 pm

I partly agree. Fallout 4's atmosphere is just 'different" from 3's but I do find some merit in it. I myself, like you, prefer Fallout 3's personally and as a result also enjoyed the glowing sea immensely. I wouldn't say the fun of discovery is completely absent from 4 though.

Unstoppable Judge

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm honestly not a fan of the glowing sea. It's fun for like 5 minutes but after that I lost all interest in it.

Juanita Hernandez

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:13 am

When I want to find a bunch of legendaries I go there , with pain train creatures are so fun to kill , and if you manage to get like 50+ kills , you'll have a ton of meat to cook and earn a good amount of extra xp .

Robert

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Fallout 3 was kinda dangerous and i stumbled my way through capitol wastelands at really low level 10+ or 20+. Because of that, it was much more dangerous than it should be but I ended up enjoying it. And so I getting kinda similar levels of danger in fallout through the glowing sea which meant I enjoyed it alot.

Fallout NV was pretty harmless as far as it went except for those cazadores.. they nasty.

Most of the times, the things that kill me is the well placed landmines in Fallout 4. I've yet to see All of fallout 4, so it might be subject to change. Otherwise I'm pretty much just strolling and treating most of Fallout 4 like a walk in the park. No real sense of danger. lol I even brought down a skull behemoth recently. It operates alone so it was really easy to kill.

Funny thing is that, I've killed only 2 deathclaws in Fallout 3.
Five in Fallout NV.

And then 10+ in Fallout 4 because fallout 4 is making sure there's just no avoiding the deathclaws no matter what.

Edit: Traps in Fallout 4 is only Bethesda game where traps actually manage to kill me or at least hurt me. Traps in all previous games is really easy to avoid. lol
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Yes! Good call. Sense of danger is definitely diluted in 4. "hard" seems to be the sweet spot difficulty wise, I suggest trying that. Anything higher and you get too much damage sponges, which is boring. Also, when you got higher up in levels it gets more challenging in my experience.
Cesar Gomez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 pm

I agree Fallout 4 seems to be lacking on the danger side. I remember playing Fallout 3 and exploring the capital wasteland was a nightmare at my level.

I will say however that I'm not a huge fan of the Glowing Sea. There really isn't anything out there unless you want to grind out for xp. Too bad there wasn't a underground settlement or another ghoul settlement at the edge of it. DC had Underworld and Rivet City in it. Making it more fun to go there knowing that you'll unlock the main settlement with all its goodies.

Jake Easom

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 am

I'm actually finding FO4 a lot harder than FO3. Then again I did use sneak a lot back. Trying to stay away from it now but the amount of Molotovs that keep hitting me from out of nowhere my ninja might make a return soon.

Vickytoria Vasquez

Return to Fallout 4