Fallout Tactics now canon from an off-hand line on Prydwen?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 am

I just noticed something in a recent Brotherhood playthrough.

When you first arrive on the Prydwen, after touring it you can have a conversation with Captain Kells. In it, if you ask if the Brotherhood has ever build airships before, he mentions that the West Coast Brotherhood had built some years ago but the records were sketchy and they were probably destroyed.

Now the only other reference to the Brotherhood building airships comes from the start of Fallout Tactics. In it, the BoS has a schism over their policy of isolationism vs expansion and recruiting from outside. The recruiting/expansionist faction builds some airships and leaves California in order to hunt down the fleeing remains of the Master's Super Mutant army. While passing over the Rocky Mountains, they hit a storm and the Airships crashed. So in that game you play as the survivors of the crash.

So is Kells mentioning that failed expedition off-hand? It's interesting as that brings up the question: is Vault Zero now canon as a result.

Personally, I hope so.

Hella Beast

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Tactics is still non-canon
kristy dunn

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Tactics is semi-canon, not non-canon. Something of Tactics did happen but the overall story is subject to alteration should Bethesda choose to. All we do know is that there is a Midwestern Brotherhood that broke away from the main body of the Brotherhood out West. How large or powerful they are, of if they include intelligent Deathclaws, Super Mutants, Ghouls, and robots into their ranks is unknown at this time.

[ becca ]

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Tactics is semi-canon from what I gather. Even back in FO3 there have been mentions of the MWBoS.

High level events are canon, while the rest is not unless stated otherwise.

I haven't played tactics myself, but I assume the MWBoS going east on airships would count as a high-level event.

luis ortiz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 pm

This has been known since FO3, with an off-handed comment from Scribe Rothchild about the Chicago division having gone rogue.

sarah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm just glad they're still keeping bits of it as setting canon. It was an interesting game. Basically a squad based version of Fallout 2 with a bigger emphasis on combat then on roleplay. The story was pretty good though and fit well with the setting up to that point. It was kinda dumb that they tried to keep the intelligent deathclaws by adding a furry, intelligent subspecies. But that was my only complaint.

Hannah Barnard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 pm

I enjoyed it but near the end, everyone having M2HB's was a show.

djimi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 pm

I choose to look at Tactics as canon.. I don't really care. I really enjoyed the game.. That's canon enough for me.

alicia hillier

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:32 am

I'm still waiting on Bethesda to green light Skynet from Fallout 2. Let alone anything from Tactics.

Lynette Wilson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Yep, semi-cannon. I am glad that Beth made passing references about the MWBoS in their games.

I also thought it was neat that they brought over the air ship concept in Fallout 4.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Return to Fallout 4