Hunted by Factions?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 am

Remember in New Vegas where if you became Hated with a certain Faction they would send out a kill squad after you?

The NCR would send out a ranger kill squad, and it was funny because if you taunted them to fight they'd be like

"are you that much of a hurry to die?" We'll leave you alone but if you keep [censored] around we'll be back. I think this would be nice feature to bring back, If you

killed a settlement of raiders maybe in a day or two while your travelling around you'll be approached by a bunch of strangers and then they'll be say something

like "He's got a pip-boy, It's Him!" And then they'll open fire on you. you know? As you go through the commonwealth exterminating certain groups you build up a

reputation and you'll hear enemies talk about your past attacks. Imagine having super mutants talk about you like your a ghost story. :P The enemies that

come after you should be unique in their behavior to differentiate them from just being any other mobs. It'd be cool if they didn't open fire immediately but would

tail you over a long distance using stealth and hiding behind cover, basically unless you were watching your back you might not notice them following you until

they've got you. It'd be challenging if it was a group of maybe 3-5 and if they were ALL legendaries? That's right these guys are here to HUNT you, they've

heard about you and now they're looking. Imagine having the brotherhood ambush you with a vertibird drop? Railroad agent's disguised as random settlers.

SYNTHS. disguised as regular settlers that ask for your help and appear to be just some radiant quest settler but then actually try to kill you? OR. What if there

was SYNTH versions of your companions you could run into and you'd have to figure out which was your real companion, and then as your travelling and run

into a group of synths all of a sudden Strong starts talking like a synth and then starts bashing your face!

Thoughts?

Jack Walker

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

This might be a good idea.

However, I find it too hard to read...

...in one big clump of text.

;)
No Name

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:29 am

In New Vegas it was actually kinda annoying because the assassins were weak as hell, it was as annoying as the Regulator/Talon Company attacks from Fallout 3 and did nothing really, it was a lame way of showing "your actions had consequences!"

Instead of magical mercenaries or hit squads that somehow always know where I'm going to be I'd prefer a real threat which given the nature of Fallout games now would be kinda really hard without it turning into a complete annoyance. That being said I always imagine raider raids on one of my settlements as a means of revenge, that certainly makes more sense then random magical teleporting hit squad.
Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 pm

You know I was thinking that in the future they should make it so if you don't lock your settlement's doors or have their exits closed when you leave your stuff could be raided and stolen? (Like Karma for all the stealing we do to all the other people in the Fallout universe) Or they would actually lock pick their way into your settlement and ambush you when you came back, your only warning would be. "Didn't I lock this before I left?" Your right about them magically being able to track you down no matter where you were I was definitely not a fan of that part. It'd make more sense if they'd visit your settlements instead and if you weren't there you'd hear a settler mention something about a couple guys looking for you the other day, >_> kind of a warning that somebody's out there coming for ya. 0_0

Eoh

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:50 am

Factions already does this. I've attacked a Gunners and Raider settlement once (they were near one another) but didn't really killed them all. Was kinda passing through... Next time I went to a settlement, it was literally under attack by both Gunners and Raiders a-like (No "attack" message or anything. It just happened). I also visited the Rust Devil settlement and killed a few of them for lolz. The next time I was in one of my own, the Rust Devils were attacking.

~Edit~

It's like, the survivors got more friends and followed you back to your settlement then prepared and execute an attack.

Amber Ably

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:36 am

reputation and you'll hear enemies talk about your past attacks. Imagine having super mutants talk about you like your a ghost story. :P The enemies that

This particular comment reminded me of halo series. The covenant call Master Chief "The Green Demon".
suzan

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:59 am

I don't know whether I'd prefer more assassins hunting me than those already doing so in the present game. I made an enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel. Now they're hunting me using vertibirds, strafing me from above, and also sometimes dropping assassins, some in power armor, to dispatch me. These events happen randomly and occur whether I fast travel or travel overland by foot.

They always know where I am. I can hear them coming, so I usually have time to find some sort of cover from where I can defend myself. I've always been able to dispatch the assassins that approach on foot. Sometimes I manage to shoot down the vertibirds and sometimes someone else shoots them down. Sometimes they just seem to crash, but maybe I don't notice how they're downed. I find the missile launcher handy for defense during these events.

Fritz

Jenna Fields

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 pm

That's not what I'm talking about at all, currently as it is in the game there are no 'assassins' that's what this thread is about. You're just enemies with the BoS after

a certain point in the story so they turn hostile to you every time they see you in aggro range. And as for them knowing where you are all the time I think you're

exaggerating. I know that npc detection range isn't very big I've tested detection range by walking vs running and you can walk up pretty close before they hear

you or see you, even with my mods installed that increase detection range.

Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Return to Fallout 4