My Interesting Fallout Experiment!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:25 pm

I wanted to share something with you guys that really peaked my interest when my friend at the time told me he had purchased Fallout 4 and used the words "I liked it".

My friend purchased Fallout 4 about a month ago. He isn't really a gamer more so just started actually playing PC games about 6 months ago. I gave him my old computer a while back so now I'm turning him to the gamer side! So back to topic he never played Fallout 4 until then and told me a few days ago that it was pretty fun. I told him how he felt about RPG games and he said after Fallout 4 he would like to try more out. I personally as a Fallout fan prefer the older ones over 4 so I wanted to try a what you might call "Fallout" experiment. Since he never knew what Fallout was until he had purchased and played 4 I recommended he try Fallout New Vegas. The only reason I didn't recommend 3 was because I figured he might be a bit disappointed as it is a older game and a lot of features that Fallout 4 spoiled him with he might just be left utterly disappointed.

So he got his copy of fallout 4 that day, and earlier this morning he hopped on Teamspeak and went off at how awesome New Vegas was. I asked him what he loved so much about it and his answer really surprised me, he said "I feel like I AM the character". He loved the dialog choices and then went on about how he really likes the leveling system. Right now hes making a "wandering merchant". He's specializing in charisma and his bribing abilities. He's setting his sites on heavier technology meaning he's using plasma rifles. He told me specifically he feels his character is unique and feels free.

I personally liked Fallout 4, but my opinion on the game is that it feels more like a good FPS than a RPG. I was really excited for him to try out New Vegas and I'm sure hes still playing it right now. Now I did recommend to him that he installed some mods for Fallout New Vegas like Nevada Skies, Project Nevada, and the texture packs that really makes the game look good. All of these mods are basically what Fallout 4 has. I don't know I guess I was really interested in his opinion on the games since he's just now getting into the Fallout series. I doubt hes gotten terribly far in the game of New Vegas but I'm really happy hes enjoying it. I'm sure after a while he will try Fallout 3 and that I'm really excited for!

My opinion on all the Fallout games is you have to really decide what your in the mood for. Fallout 4 for a good FPS, Fallout New Vegas and 3 for a good RPG. Judging by the experiment in MY opinion shows that all Fallout games can provide you for what you are in the mood for. I know we won't see another Fallout game for a while, but I really hope the next ones takes us back to how we know and remember the old games. My ideal Fallout is 3 with the great game play and added features of 4! I can't wait until that day comes.

Have you guys experimented like this with your friends? Whats your opinion on the matter? I'd love to hear from all of you! Thanks!

Janine Rose

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:35 pm

I've been playing computer games.... well since they were invented - I'm 60yrs Young. Fallout 4 was my first Fallout game and I love it. I have also downloaded Fallout 3 (after I started 4) - because I suffered from the well documented bug of not being able to get back into DC once the Nick Valentine quest has been started.

Anyway..... I thought Fallout 3 was very dull and didn't really enjoy it. Possibly the difference in graphics, but I enjoy Fallout 4 much more.
Amber Hubbard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Yes, you are the character who is doomed to wander the wastes alone and utterly bored. Then get killed by Cazadors.
saxon

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 am

NV is worth replaying, F3 was trash.
Umpyre Records

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:00 am

Each game has its pros and cons.

I preferred 3 to NV.

i really like 4 for different reasons.

Your mileage may vary...

Chloé

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 pm

FO3 had some really memorable moments and quests that don't seem to have translated well to FO4 so far. That isn't to say it isn't as good IMO. FO4 has many things going for it that I can look past the somewhat bland quests in comparison. Probably going to get killed for this but I thinkt New Vegas is the weakest of the 3. I got bored half way through it so I ended up just rushing through the last part of the game and didn't touch it after.

Jenna Fields

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:48 am

Played FO3 and liked it for the most part, but agree with you on the graphics. After a very short while, the rusted brown/green color pallet of the Capitol Wasteland got old. Really glad with their approach to 4 and enjoy the game fully despite some of its setbacks.

Lynne Hinton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:27 pm

*Facepalm*

That's like saying terminator 3 was the best one
Kelly Upshall

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:30 am

Pictures, or it didn't happen. :D
Eliza Potter

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Wow! I wish one of my mates would give me a PC capable of running FO4, or any PC for that matter. All my friend's(all like, what? 5 of them? Lol)are using consoles, as am I. I will be making the transition over to PC gaming soon though(is there a initiation ceremony or anything? Do we sacrifice a chicken or something?)as I got £500 to blow on a machine. Woot.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:32 pm

More like saying Star Wars V was better than I.

Truth hurts, I know :P
Nick Tyler

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:02 pm

10mm MG with a choke and a big mag.

Krista Belle Davis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm

I think you're insane personally, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Maybe I just don't like the desert as much as I do the cold grey concrete abandoned cities. :ermm: But anyway, FO3 had the best characters, places and moments IMO. Megaton, the Mechanistic vs the Antagonizer, Harold, The Pint Sized Slasher and Tranquility Lane, The replicated man, The Gary clones, Little Lamplight, Three Dog, the Dunwich Building and so on. Nothing like that stuck in my head as much from NV. I also found NV very linear compared.

Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:35 pm

I disagree in every way. Fallout New Vegas has better quests, better, more complex characters and a far superior story.

But opinions.

I love YOu

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm

I like them both, equally.

It is my right...as a 'Murican! ;)
WTW

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 pm

It's fine man, we can't all have good taste.

Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:36 am

I honestly tried Fall out 3 after new vegas and was kind of dissapointed ECSPECIALLY WITH THE ENDING BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE BROKEN STEEL. STUPID SUPER MUTANT.

Baylea Isaacs

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Is a perfectly preserved pie really that worth it?

flora

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Yeah that was a pretty major plot hole, plot crater, no, plot canyon. I had a ghoul with me who also refused to go into the you know what(don't want the spoiler police on our case)
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:18 pm

He better coniser himself lucky lol. I had build a new PC and my old one was pretty obsolete, so rather let it sit and decay I figured he'd put it into good use :)

Katy Hogben

Return to Fallout 4