Automatron - Mechnist's Lair settlement questions

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:15 am

1. Did anyone actually set up a settlement here?

2. If so, what did you do for food/water for your settlers?

3. If so, do your settlers complain about not being able to go outside?

4. If so, what tasks do you assign your settlers?

For me, it seems pointless to set up a settlement here, since getting in and out of this place is a maze, no caravans can come there, and you can't set up a bar/clinic/trader/etc. stand to at least allow them to feel as if their self-imposed exile underground could lead to a 'normal' life.

Or, did I miss the point of having a workshop available to build in this area?

Jessica Colville

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:41 pm

It's a Robot factory.

It's themed and tailored towards robots like the rest of the DLC.

Jennifer Rose

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Getting in and out is one door and an elevator ride, not much of a maze.

Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Can't you just fast travel there too (for people who use fast travel, that is)?

The symbol for it is on the bridge due north of the Robco Sales Centre (in the Pipboy map screen).

Haley Cooper

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 am

It's supposed to be your evil secret lair where horrid death machines of doom rise up and destroy all raiders of the wastes!

Muahahahahahahaha! :evil: :flame: :devil: :yes:

But uh, yea, I don't think it was supposed to function like a normal settlement. It's the SS bat-cave.

Alexander Lee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:14 pm

But the build function there allows you to set up beds, put down ashtrays/Nuke cola machines/Ice boxes, set up a baby crib or dog house, etc. You don't do that for a settlement designed for robots. That's a build for humans.

Why do that and not allow for crops, trading stalls, and water? Makes no sense to me.

K J S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Because the SS can use Beds? And the rest of those items are predominantly aesthetic.

Reanan-Marie Olsen

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Yes, that too.

meg knight

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Firstly i haven't set it up as a settlement for the very reason that you can't build anything that settlers or robots can be assigned to.

Secondly I have built a number of Mr Handy hovering robots and assigned them the task of Provisioner just to get some more robot action on the roads.

The cows actually come inside the place and get stuck in the corridors sometimes blocking my path.

Thirdly I am hoping that the Wasteland Workshop will add something that can be utilised in a place such as this.

Fourthly getting in and out is a bit time consuming but not a maze.

For those that fast travel you can do that directly from inside, for those that don't, it's a walk through a door, and use of the freight elevator.

Kerri Lee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:50 pm

I have set up a caravan outpost, but wasn't sure if adding more would give me access to more of the caravans at the same time. I added some beds in a corner by the outpost, I sealed up all the hidden doors with a big shelf, since they won't close back, and set up a little office. I made it look kind of like a settlement where you can go and build a robot, or walk up to my office and request that I kill a robot for you that's been causing problems.

Sure some people might want to kill Isabella, but it was a mistake, and I forgave her, so now we are tracking down all the rogue bots. I have a bunch of robot guards there for just incase somebody came there to try and kill Isabella. I'm also thinking maybe with the Wasteland workshop dlc they might give us the option to put stores there, and the middle of the settlement would be primo for a robofighting arena.

Rob

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 am

Im thinking or hoping that with Wasteland Workshop we will get crop containers to grow food like the ones in Graygarden and maybe some kind of water fountain that attaches to the wall for water. If this happens it will mean you could have food and water there, plus settlers.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:03 pm

This, I think its ridiculous that we can't build things we see in other settlements... I also want the ability to add catwalks like in the lair.

Emily abigail Villarreal

Return to Fallout 4