Settlement happiness, WHAT DO?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 pm

So settlement happiness is glitched out if I leave sanctuary it will drop like a ton of bricks! Currently it's at 97 because I waited HOURS for it to go up, I have 21 settlers 4 on food and the rest are working only shops that give happiness... THEY HAVE EVERYTHING! I can't give them anything else to make them more happy.

What should I do!? Give up and find bobble heads or just not play the game until they fix settlements? Which who knows when that will happen.

It doesn't let me post images so here is a link to show how svcky my predicament has become.

http://i65.tinypic.com/v8luvt.png%C2%A0

Doniesha World

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm

if you're going after the achievement: try with a new settlement. bigger ones won't get to 100% if not almost everybody working in bars/surgical.

- get a small settlement, put a lonely settler in there, make him a barkeeper. maybe get him some turrets.

- then either build a supply line from somewhere... or just put some food and water in his workbench.

wait a bit...and 100% reached ;)

if you are doing it with a fresh settlement, you can build it up to the point you want it to be in the meantime... and if it reaches the 100%, invite new settlers to make it a REAL settlement.

Stephani Silva

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

heh never bothered to worry about the settlement system, it has been buggy since the beginning and I seriously doubt beth will fix it. as long as it's above 20% I wouldn't worry about it. until such time as I can clean up everything at a settlement and around the area. I see no point in even bothering with them. only reason they are there is for the minutemen quest line. yea you can go and manually unlock them, but the main goal is for artillery. which is minutemen based.

CHangohh BOyy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Noticed this since v1.4. My happiness (regardless of settlement size) was always around 80-82. Now it varies between 61-92. Same settlements, stores, bars, good beds, etc. PLenty of food - no changes since v1.3
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah I'm going to the achievement, the second settlement where the resources don't disappear when I leave is in a constant state of depression even though they also have everything :( just depressing that I only need that and 9 bobble heads to complete my achievements AND I wastes hours upon hours AFKing in sanctuary to get it to 97 (I watched movies while I AFKed) and it just stops and there is nothing I can do :(

Does setting up supply lines also share food? If so I'll quickly jump to a different settlement set up a supply line share the food and put all 21 of them on shops then MAAAAYBE it would work.

Loane

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:30 am

Btw, you don't need to be present, just be sure you have the green arrow when you leave the settlement(s). Hang man's alley with 2x settlers, one to crop and one tier III restaurant, few beds and water + defense = safe bet.

Cheers,

-Klevs

neil slattery

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 pm

On xbox one (maybe other consoles) when you leave the settlement it glitches and thinks your settlement has no water beds or defence, food stays so I have to stay near / in the settlement to raise happiness up.

However if making a supply line to it shares food I can put all my settlers onto shops and maybe it will raise to 100... just need someone to confirm that's true.

Lindsay Dunn

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Sanctuary is bad, some of the named people can't get happiness for some reason, so they ruin any chance you have, robots also don't gain happiness, so no named people, and no robots.

Ebony Lawson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Anyone know if supply lines will share food to a settlement?

FITTAS

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:01 am

yes - excess food and water shared between settlements as far as I am aware, but......

check this link.....

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_line

that should answer your question fully I believe

Cool beans

XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:30 pm

If you're trying to get the trophy use a settlement that doesn't have any non controllable settlers. Meaning ones you can command around. I use red rocket.

All you need is:

6 Beds

6 Food

60-70 Defense

6 Water

No power

5 Clinics

and about 2-4 hours of being AFK

hannaH

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 pm

By my calculations if you Sanctuary is at 97 and all basic needs are being met one way to get 100 would be to send another settler there build a level 3 restaurant and assign them to it and make sure they are assigned to a bed.

As far as stats being erroneously reported while you are away, yes that's a problem that hasn't been remedied.

I have all the settlements and periodically the stats of one, sometimes two go awry.

The ones that go wrong for me tend to be the same ones that just take turns in misreporting.

Sanctuary is one of them, along with Spectacle Island, The Airport and a couple of others.

With the new robots, i've been freeing up humans from provisioner duties so have been sending the humans to larger settlements.

I have six settlements at 100 happiness so might try for Sanctuary next by sending humans there and bar spamming.

My latest 100 was Warwick.

Picture proof here of Warwick bar spamming.

http://ocau.com/pix/m0v30

Invasion's

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks a lot everyone! Gonna get to it tomorrow, I WILL get this achievement!

Kayleigh Williams

Return to Fallout 4