Formal Settlement defense Quest?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 am

I was making few Automatrons last night at Egret Tour Marina for maybe about 15 minutes or so..

New quest named 'Defend Egret Tour Marina' launched all of sudden and the place was attacked by a horde of Charred Ghouls.

Usually when a settlement gets attacked they either register in Miscellaneous quest, and I used to get no notice when the settlements get attacked when I am at the place.

This one was treated as formal minutemen radiant quest..

The quest started as all other quests with formal announcement and I received EXP upon completing it.

The settlers also thanked me as a member of minutemen.

....What just happened? I never saw this happening before....

This never happened to me for past 600 hours of gameplay..

josh evans

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:48 am

Yay free XP ! but no , never happened to me :(

Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:40 pm

I am guessing...

that maybe this is how settlement defense quest changes if I complete the game as minuteman faction general.

...but I still haven`t finished the main quest yet. lol

It was funny experience at least. The Charred ghouls were really powerful at level 204, but I get to see my 3 assaultrons Marina I, II, III in good action. lol

casey macmillan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:13 pm

That happened to me too.. It's supposed to give you time to "build defenses" as the first step in the quest, but since most of us are already established, it automatically skips to the attack part of the quest. I guess they wanted to switch things up a bit. I've had that happen to me with Super Mutants as well as Raiders. Super Mutants were killer! They literally all had miniguns, but luckily I had a pretty powerful bot at the base and he tore them to shreds. And his name is actually "Shred" lol

Kelli Wolfe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Ironically I played something like 100 hours after finishing with the Minutemen , and still , never happened , but I got patch 1.4 only today (that's it today and still no season pass or DLC) , so maybe they made any changes ?

Luis Longoria

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Any time I've gotten Build Defenses quest just before an attack I would never do it because after it happened 2 time I caught on that there was no need to build the defenses and waste the material so I would just wait there for it to say I've completed building the defenses even know I have none then attack starts, then kill whatever comes my way.

Adrian Powers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Yes i got one of those after one of the patches where they stated that the minutemen quest not completely correctly had been fixed.

I got a defend the settlement quest with the proper notification that includes a picture. (Mine was at Murkwater).

I also got a second Defend the Castle quest that included waves of attackers.

I had hoped to get more of those Castle ones but no such luck.

OTTO

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 pm

This happens to me often, in several settlements.

It's weird, because even if I have defense of 100, it shows it as zero until I open the workshop menu. At that time, it shows 100% completion, and then the attack will begin right away.

Kortknee Bell

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:58 am

The settlement is still badly glitched.... my spectacle island still gets things destroyed and values improperly displayed no matter what I do.

I was wondering if this was some change made to replace minutemen radiant quests.. lol

It would be nice to get some experience for responding to these attackers even though they already give some free loots.

sarah

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm

I was remodeling Red Rocket the other day and multiple different attacks while there. 1st it was some Raiders, the 2nd attack I believe was a pack of dogs and 3rd was a Deathclaw.

I received no notifications of these attacks but while defending and building a notification popped up that I failed another settlement. I didn't even know the other settlement was under attack.
Scott Clemmons

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I've gotten these before. The Minutemen radiant quests were repeating improperly at first, and this was corrected with one of the patches. This is basically a mini-version of the Defend the Castle quest, rather than just being a generic settlement defense task.

Brittany Abner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I was just popping into a settlement to add some defense and such and I saw the pop-up saying to defend the settlement. I looked around and didn't see anything, but then all the sudden all the settlers ran off in one direction and sure enough some DLC Bots were coming towards us and attacking.

Nienna garcia

Return to Fallout 4